Honored Contributor

Re: RECEIVED AN INVITE TO JOIN NEXTDOOR.COM

You can pick up an occasional name of a worker you might need but in exchange you have to read a lot of junk.

Today somebody criticized a popular local restaurant.  There must of been over 50 comments, some pro and some con about this place.  I'm not interested in reading all of thst.

When somebody posts coyote sightings here, a moderator removes them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It helps to set your notifications to avoid a ton of alerts and emails.

My development is overly active and people tend to post every passing thought (usually an angry one).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our small community tried to start up Nextdoor.com but despite their efforts it failed. They need a certain amount of families (10?) to join and we honestly don't have near that amount. Living in an extremely rural area, we were denied. I belonged in my old home and it was very informative and handy.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I like it.  

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Anyone belong to this?  Does it generate a lot of junk email?  I am not sure if I want to put myself out there that much.  You have to give your name and address.

Anyone?

I had gotten one a while ago and it gave you a code # that had to be entered.

It knew too much once I put the number in.  

No thanks.

Valued Contributor

@tends2dogs It's a great way to be in the know in your area. You decide what to reveal and email/notification settings etc. It's better than craigslist for selling, IMO.

Honored Contributor

I belong.  I get one e-mail a day with all the postings - I can read it or delete it without reading it.  During a recent snow event we had neighbors coordinated to help each other if needed.  I have never heard of neighbors complaining about other neighbors except for one person who posted a video of a man and child not picking up after a dog in front of his house. 

Trusted Contributor

I have really wanted to join this for my neighborhood, but I am wondering how do you get invited to join? 

Trusted Contributor

@speedy girl wrote:

I have really wanted to join this for my neighborhood, but I am wondering how do you get invited to join? 

If you log onto the app and set up a profile it will link you to your neighborhood.  No specific invite is needed.  Our local police and government officials also post in ours as well.  Its nice to get heads up on things going on in the community.  

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs   I love it. I have sold stuff and bought stuff. We give a lot of things away free and advertise in nextdoor. Just last night a couple came and picked up a gazebo that we offered for free. They were grateful and we were happy to have someone use it rather than toss it. You can read it or not. No junk mail except for a daily digest that comes to my email. Very worthwhile public service, IMO.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein