Honored Contributor

Re: RECEIVED AN INVITE TO JOIN NEXTDOOR.COM

Can you just join or you have to be invited?

Do you have to use FB?

Honored Contributor

it has nothing to do with facebook.

you do have to be invited and/or verify your address and supply your email address.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Love nextdoor.com!!

It is well worth joining.  There is info from others in the group about neighborhood happenings, lost pets, recommendations, classes, things to be alert for, and a plethora of useful info.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

I’ve been a member for a few years and, most of the time, I just find it annoying. It is not just my neighborhood, I really don’t need to hear about cats and dogs lost and found though many do. Tons of sponsored ads and items for sale. Very little worthwhile.

No junk mail from this at all. The email address I use gets almost no junk mail & I’d notice right away if that changed.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Anyone belong to this?  Does it generate a lot of junk email?  I am not sure if I want to put myself out there that much.  You have to give your name and address.

Anyone?

Junk email???   No, it is information about areas in your neighborhood, I am a member in my community and it is (IMO) very informative!

Respected Contributor

I recently received a paper invitation in the mail.  It was addressed to Neighbors of "name of my street".  I know it was junk mail because of the postmark zip code and there was a code to enter to join.  I may check it out but not use that code. 

Honored Contributor

Have never had any junk email from it and have been on Next door for two years...very helpful for getting info about the neighborhood...especially crime and when a new store in the area will be opening or closing. I would accept the invitation for sure. You never have to post anything if you don’t want to but you can read the info that is posted.
Esteemed Contributor

I have never have gotten junk mail and used an email address that I never open.

i did find it very repetitive and dull and have not logged in a while.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was leary at first about joining NextDoor now I love it! No unwanted junk or emails.

I like to see what's going on in my area & I've bought /sold a lot in a day in fact, I sold things to people who live in my community.  

I usually sell stuff within a day.  I also like if someone is in need I'm able to help out.  

Besides selling its good for recommendations for plumbers, handyman, etc.  I've found a great handyman from a recommendation on Nextdoor😊

We have a good moderator and she is very good at moderating -- especially people who "advertise free animals" ...she blocks the post or anything she feels inappropriate (like the mods here).  I appreciate that!

Trusted Contributor

I love it.  It's especially good for getting recommendatiions for things like repairmen, plumbers, roofers, electricians, mechanics, doctors etc.  Also great for reporting or finding missing pets and just finding out what's going on in the neighborhood.