Highlighted
Honored Contributor

RECALL (11/5): Duncan Hines Cake Mixes

Valued Contributor

Re: RECALL (11/5): Duncan Hines Cake Mixes

@sidsmom, thanks for the heads up. Just checked and I'm loaded wirh brownie mix and chocolate cake mixes!
Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

You’re welcome!

Unfortunate time of year...it’s the season for baking.

I pondered if I should post in Recipes...or Kitchen....

but decided Community Chat would get the most views.

We have a lot of bakers in this forum...I hope this helps someone. 

🌼💛

Valued Contributor

@sidsmom, you probably made the right decision posting here. I love to cook, but baking is not my thing. I do make bread on occasion and have a small handful of uncomplicated dessert recipes as "go-tos" but for the most part rely on mixes. My daughter, the fabulous baker in the family, like other serious bakers, start from scratch!
Valued Contributor

Recalls......How dangerous and awful@@@

This is why my family has for many years mixed their own cake mixes with fresh ingredients, so we all feel safer than  buying ready made store bought boixed cake mixes.

Honored Contributor

I try to avoid anything made by Conagra, sponsor of the big peanut butter recall a few years ago.  They must be a really crummy company with questionable sanitation practices.  I didn't know they made these cake mixes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@GiantsLover wrote:

Recalls......How dangerous and awful@@@

This is why my family has for many years mixed their own cake mixes with fresh ingredients, so we all feel safer than  buying ready made store bought boixed cake mixes.

@GiantsLover   I recently read where one of the most dangerous foods in terms of bacterial contamination in the pantry is uncooked flour.  Think of all the times we sample cookie dough or cake batter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom, Thank you for taking the time to post this information.

I'll be checking my cupboard for these items.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you!  I rarely ever purchase cake mixes.  I don't bake much anymore, as I eat it all.  When I do, it is organic  It has been years since I made a cake from box mix to stand alone.  But I got a bug to make a Watergate cake. Complete with Dream Whip and Pistachio pudding mix!..  Lol!  Hey, going whole hog here.  But it will be fun!!   I agonized in the cake aisle which to buy, pillsbury or duncan hines white cake mix.???   I went with pillsbury.  I bought all organic ingredients, (because of preservative issue) except for mix, dream whip.  I found organic pistachio pudding. i was in does not carry Dr .Oetaker.  I had to send away for Dream Whip as I cant find it.  Must be 30 years since I used Dream Whip.

Honored Contributor

It seems almost everything is recalled or has salmonella issues.