Honored Contributor

RE: EXTENDED TAX DEADLINE FROM DH

[ Edited ]

DH said the filing and paying date for personal & most other returns extended to July 15th without penalties or interest. However, if expecting possible refund, advising clients to file ASAP since many IRS agents working from home and dept. short of employees. Filing early puts you in line to get refunds sooner than when they become bogged down as months go by. 

***If no refund, still no harm in filing as usual. At least you'll be sure the return is received and your responsibility is over. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: RE: EXTENDED TAX DEADLINE FROM DH

@Shanus  ..... They also asked the states to follow with the extension but so far Ohio hasn't done that. Keeping fingers crossed!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OT...

Did anyone hear that the stimulus checks won't be given to everyone? Only the middle class will get them. But that's not final, it's what I heard on the news about what we might expect. Not final yet.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus That's what I did. Turned in my paperwork to the accountant. I know I will be paying and not receiving money; however, it was just nice to drop it off to him yesterday. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

OT...

Did anyone hear that the stimulus checks won't be given to everyone? Only the middle class will get them. But that's not final, it's what I heard on the news about what we might expect. Not final yet.

What is considered middle class?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alicedee wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

OT...

What is considered middle class?

@alicedee 

40K to 70K but I didn't hear if that is combined or not. Also there will be $500 per child given.

@Shanus 

I apologize for getting off topic. Maybe we can start another thread. But I'm afraid it might not go well.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   Continue on with this topic or related to tax or income topics. They're all related. I was just offering a little free tax info. 

Esteemed Contributor

We filed our 1120S because that was due on the 15th of March.  We filed an extension for our personal as we do every year.  I believe when you do that you have until October, however if you anticipate owing, you must send a check with your extension paperwork.  We wait until we return up north to deal with our taxes as that is where our tax guy is.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Yes, the deadline for Federal returns has been extended, but unfortunately the state of Michigan has not yet extended theirs. In order to start the Michigan return, you need to complete the Federal return, so right now we're in a bit of limbo. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Within a couple of hours of the Federal announcement, our governor announced the state deadline would be the same as the Federal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment