Respected Contributor

I heard she phoned in an important vote today from her hospital bed. There is no quit in her. What a great role model.

Esteemed Contributor

@saltysails wrote:

She should leave DC and enjoy the rest of her life away from politics.

@saltysails- Why? If she is feeling well and is doing her job, I say she should do whatever she wants to do. Bless her heart and may G-d keep her strong.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

On top of everything else, Ruth Bader Ginsburg has had surgery for early stage lung cancer. I admire her so much. Hang in there and get better Justice Ginsburg.

Yes, and all of it was removed.  Body scans prior to surgery show no cancer anywhere else.  No further treatment so she is cancer free.

Not to be a downer, but two separate malignancies in one lung is a bit of a bad omen. While it's possible she developed two completely separate malignancies, it's more likely she had one that metastasized and spread. When a tumor spreads in such a manner, it typically sends out lots of little cancerous seeds, not just one. Bigger tumors emit chemicals called angiogenesis inhibitors to keep those little, undetectable growths in check. When you remove the bigger tumors, you remove that check against the little ones growing. She'll need to be closely monitored to ensure there are no new growths, but the next six months to a year will be pretty critical. Doctors can only remove what they see and they can't see things down to the cellular level. My suspicion is she's more likely to see multiple new malignancies arise within the year and she'll have a tough fight ahead of her. Cancer's a clever and resourceful enemy. The two separate malignancies is a bad sign. She could be lucky and they were both spontaneous growths with no metastases, but my gut says she's in trouble.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I'm suprised she keeps chugging along! Everytime I see her she is sleeping in her chair. Her mind seems quite keen but I feel her poor body is giving out. Too bad she is so against retiring and letting in someone else in. I feel her glory days are long over and its time to hand over the torch to the next incoming person. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I wonder how RBG feels about the movie about her?  I'm anxious to see it.

Respected Contributor

My mother had breast cancer, had a mastectomy and two years later she was diagnosed with lung cancer. She had part of a lung removed and lived for eight more years. So every case is different. I believe attitude is key. RBG has a great attitude and she is needed on the Supreme Court. May she live long and prosper.

Valued Contributor

Prayers for RBG.  Such a staunch defender of womens' rights!

I also thought she and Justice Scalia were an excellent example of collegiality. Though from different poles of the political spectrum, they were able to develop a friendship.

We need more people like these two in our local, state and federal governments.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

When this news item was reported on FoxNews, they said that all cancerous nodules were removed, and that there was no evidence of remaining cancerous conditions.  I think it was during the show with the panel of ladies sitting on a couch.

That's what was reported on real news media too.

Honored Contributor

I bought myself a Christmas present....a tee shirt with WWRBGD? on it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: RBG has lung cancer

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

RBG is my hero!! She’s a true Renaissance woman. She fought for women’s rights & human rights before it was popular.I love that she stands her ground & never backs down!!

Get well soon Justice Ginsburg. The country needs you!!

💐💐❤️❤️

I love her too. I have my bright yellow Notorious RBG tee to honor her. Incidentally, she's one of the very few who actually overcame pancreatic cancer.