Honored Contributor

Re: R.I.P. Dr. Wayne Dyer

[ Edited ]

@Adelina wrote:

I think stating that he merely spouted common sense is an outrage. Yes, I said it - an outrage. This man brought world religious beliefs, the mind-body and soul commection, self-empowerment, the healing power of love of self and others into the mainstream - and at a time when this was not what it has become today. He was a pioneer.

It was not pop-psychology and he was not yet another "motivational speaker".  His considered review of topics and his ability to put complex ideas and concepts into simple terms was huge.  

Sometimes common sense is not so common until it is pointed out.

@Adelina Smiley Happy , and then again...

when you change the way you look at things the things you look at change.

-- Dr. Wayne Dyer quoting Nobel prize physicist, Max Planck

It takes a very creative mind to speak clearly and in a straightforward manner. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@CoastalGal wrote:

How did he die ?

His family posted his passing in his Facebook page. They did not give a reason. I had heard he had cancer a while ago but I could be wrong.

Thank you for mentioning that his family had posted the information on his facebook page. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I would like to know, what is "pop psychology"? The term itself is an insult to every patient, every practioner in the health care field! I practiced nursing for over 30 years before retiring early for my own health reasons. And I used the tools I learned in nursing school and college, every single day. 

People are more self-aware now, Thank God....of psychology within our every day lives. Especially with any illness, be it physical, psychological or psychiatry. 

Dr. Dyer was NOT a "pop" psychologist. He would probably chuckle at the term and say something to the effect of ~ whatever it takes to bring awareness!  That's the kind of man he was. Successful? Definitely and, long before Oprah came into his life!  

Please respect this man for what he was. First and foremost in that was as a Husband-partner, Dad, and Grandpop!!!

Respected Contributor

OMG, I must have been in a cave as this is the first I've heard of it.  I am so sorry to hear this news.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

Could it be, like most of the rest of us...that the family is grieving and would like some privacy?

I'm not putting the underlining my post! Something is crazy with the site! 

Respected Contributor

Re: R.I.P. Dr. Wayne Dyer

[ Edited ]

Rest in peace.  A man who transformed many lives.

Thank you for the thread @reiki604.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

Thanks for this thread, @reiki604.

"We are not our bodies, our possessions, or our careers.  Who we are is Divine Love and that is Infinite."

~Wayne W. Dyer, Ph.D.

Rest in peace.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova