Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

I remember Dr. Dyer himself stating during one of his talks that he had leukemia and took long walks everyday on the Hawaiian beach to enjoy every moment.

it was marvelous how he could talk to an audience at great length and engage you in his philosophy.  He never talked down to you nor used outrageous examples to illustrate his points.

may heaven be enjoying his "chats" with the Angels!  RIP.

I remember that talk, showing him on the beach.  It was where he had his butterfly experience.

RIP, Wayne Dyer

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

@keithsmom65, you are so right, heaven is richer today. Absolutely loved the man and his evolved spirit. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

I read this and exclaimed out loud to no one, "OH NO!"  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

I thought he was an insightful and honest man, but it never ceases to amaze me how people glorify men who can spin common sense into something more.

Trusted Contributor

Since I haven't heard any news yet except his FB page, I am wondering if he actually died from the leukemia as he hasn't been down with it I don't think. He has been with it for many years but wasn't he still actively living daily life?  Wondering if he passed due to his natural age or other problems?

I'm so blessed to have part of him in my life so intensely for almost 45 years.

Thank you Wayne.

Blessings.

Honored Contributor

Odd.  They said he passed away "during the night".  Why did they wait all day to release this information?   Unless he's living overseas...

And as of this writing, neither CNN.com nor E! (channel) has anything about this.  And he's a big enough name to have a continuous crawl about this news.  

Respected Contributor

So very sad to hear this...

Respected Contributor

What a shame.  This is the first I heard.  My thoughts are with his family.

Honored Contributor

Such a shame.  He was only 75, and seemed to be handling his leukemia well (not that it has been confirmed what he died of).

He lived in Hawaii, which is hours behind New York (and even California, of course).

I would have looked forward to more thoughts and publications from this man who did much more than use common sense.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I hope this isn't a celebrity death hoax.  

On my newsfeed this today, it was reported James Earl Jones was latest celebrity for this bit...but alas, he's still with us!