Regular Contributor

Qvc 9 month financing question

I'm a little confused on this. The host said yesterday that interest will be charged to your account and if you pay the amount off in 9 months you don't have to pay the interest. I have done this with other stores but the interest was never charged unless I didn't get it paid off in time, I never saw this extra charged because I would always pay it off early. I talked to customer service but they were not helpful. Has anyone done this finance plan with their q card? Does just the divided payment without the interest get charged to the card or do they include the interest right away with it?
QVC Customer Care

Re: Qvc 9 month financing question

@jjb wrote:
I'm a little confused on this. The host said yesterday that interest will be charged to your account and if you pay the amount off in 9 months you don't have to pay the interest. I have done this with other stores but the interest was never charged unless I didn't get it paid off in time, I never saw this extra charged because I would always pay it off early. I talked to customer service but they were not helpful. Has anyone done this finance plan with their q card? Does just the divided payment without the interest get charged to the card or do they include the interest right away with it?

Hi @jjb

Sorry for any confusion.  With QCard Special Financing, the full purchase price is billed to the QCard when the item is shipped. You must pay a minimum payment each month on your QCard account.  No interest will be charged if the promotion purchase is paid in full within the applicable 6, 9, 12 or 18-month promotional period. 

I hope this helps clear things up for you!

Barb

Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@jjbNo idea how QVC does theirs   (no Q card), but I do know when I've used this technique over the years, the interest has never shown up but it has been there in the background.  It came into play only if you missed the deadline(s) you agreed to at purchase  -  and, like you, I've never paid interest when I used one of these offers. 

I can't even figure how how they'd be making this offer and expecting interest as you go, but as I said, I don't have a Q card.

Just a general Q card question -  is there a number on the card itself to call or do customers have to deal with CS the same as if we're asking a product or shipping issue?  Most companies don't own their own charge cards and I've never known whether QVC does.  TKS.

QVC Customer Care

@millieshops wrote:

@jjbNo idea how QVC does theirs   (no Q card), but I do know when I've used this technique over the years, the interest has never shown up but it has been there in the background.  It came into play only if you missed the deadline(s) you agreed to at purchase  -  and, like you, I've never paid interest when I used one of these offers. 

I can't even figure how how they'd be making this offer and expecting interest as you go, but as I said, I don't have a Q card.

Just a general Q card question -  is there a number on the card itself to call or do customers have to deal with CS the same as if we're asking a product or shipping issue?  Most companies don't own their own charge cards and I've never known whether QVC does.  TKS.

Hi @millieshops

The QCard is governed by Synchrony Bank.

Barb

Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@jjbI just read the reply from the mod about the QVC deal.  It's pretty much what I thought it would be -   and the secret to making it sensible to use is that you must be very sure to make whatever minimum you agree to on time every time --  the interest is always there lurking if you miss.

This is the same deal I've used for lots of major appliances, for mattresses, and other major purchases.  In a way, it's like EZPay, but extended.  I'd never use EZPay on a credit card unless I could pay off the balance each month because then interest would kick in just as it does on these special deals, but I use EZPay virtually every month.  It works for me.