New Contributor

Qvc 2 and Qvc 3 now a subscription channel on Comcast!

What a surprise today to find that Q2 and Q3 now require a subscription to view on Comcast cable in my area (Atlanta)! Bad move QVC - pay for view for a home shopping channel??? Get real!

Honored Contributor

Re: Qvc 2 and Qvc 3 now a subscription channel on Comcast!

@rustygirl I’ve never once even looked to see if either is available in my cable offerings.

i suspect there are too few viewers/buyers for the company to pay for the cable time.  I wonder how long their contract with the cable companies lasts.  I won’t be surprised to see those channel disappear completely when it does.  As you might guess, it won’t be a problem for me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rustygirl - You're assuming it's QVC who decided to charge for these channels.  It's just as likely it's something Comcast has imposed, if QVC doesn't pay them what they want to air these extra channels.

Comcast and other cable networks have been involved in these kinds of disputes before.

(We have Spectrum and haven't seen any notice of a subscription for these channels.  I'll let you know, if that changes.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in the Savannah area and just checked my Comcast Xfinity channels here and they aren't a paid subscription here.

It must just be some areas, depending on that area's contract with Comcast.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

There is no way I would pay more just to get QVC channels.  If they happen to show up on something I already want and pay for, well that is different.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Those channels have always been Comcast subscription in my area. 

Esteemed Contributor

NO WAY would I pay 👎👎👎👎👎

Respected Contributor

But why? That is very strange.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My cable is TPG Capitol---since I have the premium package no additional subscription required for Q2 and Q3.  I bougtht the premium to get TCM and be eligible for my Ultra Sports Tier....

You can stream these channels on your laptop, phone of PC... (not that there is anything worth watching except re-runs Woman Frustrated)......

@rustygirl 

Are Q2 & Q3 the only channels subject to a subscription or did a bunch channels get moved to a different tier??????? (paid subscriptions).....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Q2 is right there free for the taking on my antenna TV.  We don't get Q3...never did.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment