Honored Contributor

Re: Qurate plans 2,000 layoffs, will shut QVC Lancaster warehouse, hire 1,200 in Bethlehem

Frequent flyer returners are the absolute worst, one company I work for is seriously considering abolishing that option.

Valued Contributor

Re: Qurate plans 2,000 layoffs, will shut QVC Lancaster warehouse, hire 1,200 in Bethlehem

@SydneyH wrote:

Frequent flyer returners are the absolute worst, one company I work for is seriously considering abolishing that option.

Yup, it costs money.  people that take advantage of many things certainly do ruin it for others.  The retail world has gone mad, the self entitlement is crazy.  

Honored Contributor

I think that as far as fashion goes, they are trying to appeal to the younger women,  just not sure how many 30's,and younger buy from here.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

I hate to have anybody lose their job and sadly companies never get rid of the million dollar a year drags  but eliminate the lower paid employees that do most of the work..  I always considered QVC the Cadillac of home shopping but in recent years their programming, the hard-sell , the endless reruns of the same merchandise, rising prices, loud and obnoxious hosts and vendors have turned me to buying from different venues.  I still buy a little from QVC but my favorite catalogue and Amazon are my primary shopping sites.  I really doubt that QVC will ever get the younger demographic shopper they are vying for.  Too bad that the PTB don't read these posts as many people have made excellent suggestions and most of the complaints mention the same things.  I look for a merger--I never watch HSN--and we don't get Evine.  I just hope QVC execs start making wiser decisions about the course of this company.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never like seeing those at the bottom working for any company lose their jobs. Since this particular joining of companies transpired, all I have seen for me as a consumer?

Costs for s&h that used to be free are now pretty consistent $3.25 and $7.50 costs for the exact same items/fewer presentations of products I might buy/state taxes we didn't use to pay, and many more reasons to shop more at other online retailers.

Positives? I am still looking for 1.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I always thought that. Otherwise amazon will crush them for sure. They are already a mess. It's going to be one thing after another. If they need a survey to realize peoole want lower prices, better shipping/returns and more variety, they are screwed.

Agree. All they need to do is read their own forums to know what they're not doing right.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

I know I have started shopping on line with several different on line stores.....like Shop National and The Vermont Country Store.  Have been very satisfied with them.  Don't think I will ever quit shopping at the Q because I really like D&C and several others.  

Never again for Vermont Country Store for me.  I bought my mom a dress, it didn't fit and it was a nightmare to return and way more expensive than QVC.  They acted like I was trying to rob them.  

Also, I have completely quit answering surveys, on paper, phone, or online.  It just leads to you getting other surveys and to me is nowdays another way to compromise privacy and take up your time.

I'm really cranky aren't I?  Woman Surprised

@Sooner I agree with you on the VCS. I used to enjoy perusing the vintage offerings, but their prices are ludicrous and frankly, their vintage offerings aren't what they once were.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

I know I have started shopping on line with several different on line stores.....like Shop National and The Vermont Country Store.  Have been very satisfied with them.  Don't think I will ever quit shopping at the Q because I really like D&C and several others.  

Never again for Vermont Country Store for me.  I bought my mom a dress, it didn't fit and it was a nightmare to return and way more expensive than QVC.  They acted like I was trying to rob them.  

Also, I have completely quit answering surveys, on paper, phone, or online.  It just leads to you getting other surveys and to me is nowdays another way to compromise privacy and take up your time.

I'm really cranky aren't I?  Woman Surprised

@Sooner.......sorry you had problems returning your mom's dress.  So far, I've had very good luck with Vermont....  About questionnaires.....I usually don't answer them either, but felt with what the Q is going through with all the changes they are making, and with them trying to figure out where they stand with on line shoppers, felt I need to do it.  Hopefully they can make a go of it.  Can always delete any surveys I get.....

If you are cranky, that's OK.  

Honored Contributor

With AI being implemented in more and more ways in our society, I'm not really surprised about the layoffs. The days of using humans in warehouse settings is numbered so...even with the merger of two large home/online shopping companies, the ability to replace people with AI from the lowest tier of employees is going to be the norm. More streamline is linger for "less human workers" in settings like this. It's happening in a huge way in companies all over the US.

Being honest, THIS is something I am far more concerned about than other "news bits". Everyone should be because the majority of us are going to be affected.

Honored Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:
I work part time now in a brick and mortar store and find it very annoying when customers bring their online returns back to our store. Rarely do they buy in store so the return goes against our sales goal for the day. I’ve been there long enough to know the “shopaholics” Sad that so many women ( its 99%women) shop online and return constantly! We employees know exactly who they are as soon as they walk in the door! I had a return from a lady yesterday- 30 items. She did not keep anything!! Finally- I think our company is going to flag her and not let her return to our store anymore!

Many stores flag serial returners and will stop refunding their money and issue store credit only. 

Obviously not this woman but some people order items they know they will return just to get over the free s/h threshold.  Example, Kohls offers free s/h at $99.99 but your order totals $75.00. You order at least $25.00 more, get free s/h and return the $25.00 item to the store.  People do it all the time.