Respected Contributor

Re: Qurate plans 2,000 layoffs, will shut QVC Lancaster warehouse, hire 1,200 in Bethlehem

I'm so sorry for the people who will lose their jobs.  Hopefully the upside will be a more efficient system for getting our orders out to customers on a more timely basis. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Qurate plans 2,000 layoffs, will shut QVC Lancaster warehouse, hire 1,200 in Bethlehem

Seems to me ,the owners are doing very well, as usual the little guy gets out of a job.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Regular Contributor

Very sad to see all the layoffs, particularly in the area that I am from.

I knew when these two companies came under the same umbrella, it was not good news.

I don't think it's been good for the consumer, and certainly not for the employees as well. Sad to see.Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I think this is probably normal when companies merge and make changes.  Hopefully it will be for the best.  I heard this morning that there are way more jobs in this country than people to fill them at the moment, so employment shouldn't be a problem.   

Regular Contributor

Yes, I hope you're right, because I think those numbers need to be taken in context.

I am losing my job at the end of Nov, as have MANY employees at my large employer, and they have feverishly been trying to fill positions in 3 large locations now, in cheaper, warmer climates.

So, if you are laying off employees and hiring elsewhere, how do those numbers play out?? I always wondered about that.

Honored Contributor

Yesterday I received an email from QVC.....It was a questionnaire.  Very lengthy, and yes, I responded.  Did any of you get this email too?  It had a lot of questions about their other owned businesses.....HSN, etc.  Questions about if they had a store in the town I live in would I take returns to them, etc.  Wanted to know of the other places I shop on line.....like Kohls, Nordstroms, etc., and asked if I would purchase Clinique from the Q if they offered it.  It took quite a while to complete it, but I did it.  Will be interesting to see if they make changes.  

Respected Contributor

Yes, I got the questionnare about two weeks ago. It also had a few questions about Amazon on it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I received the survey about 3 weeks ago.  It was long, and asked many questions about Amazon shopping/experiences.  And yes it had some questions about purchasing an item online but returning to a store.

ETA - not important but I just looked in my email to see when I got the survey - September 18.

Honored Contributor

@JYWilliams wrote:

Yes, I got the questionnare about two weeks ago. It also had a few questions about Amazon on it.

@JYWilliams.....guess they are wondering where all their business is going.  There were so many places mentioned, and that is why I didn't mention all of them.  

The Q really needs to quit getting so expensive.  Really have noticed the increased amount clothing is starting to cost.....and have better sales.....

Honored Contributor

I know I have started shopping on line with several different on line stores.....like Shop National and The Vermont Country Store.  Have been very satisfied with them.  Don't think I will ever quit shopping at the Q because I really like D&C and several others.