Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Quit saying "It's so money"!!! Please!!!!

This is "SO MONEY" to me!

Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely ridiculous!  Turn the channel!  Don't let yourself be influenced by marketing gurus.

Frequent Contributor

Yeah, that turns me off too. Do they think we're that superficial?

Regular Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

Absolutely ridiculous!  Turn the channel!  Don't let yourself be influenced by marketing gurus.

Yep that's what I did! I just was kind of put off by hearing her say that. I do love it when they explain things in detail and let us know all of the design elements THAT is what makes me want to buy. 

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I can honestly say I've never heard anyone say "It's so money" ever in my lifetime.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Isaac Mizrahi and Jacqui Stafford always use the phrase " This screams money!" when they are selling something. The Hamptons always gets mentioned too. It's purely a sales pitch as they are selling aspirational clothing, bags, and shoes so the customer can show off their good taste.

But Isaac doesn't exactly look like a Ralph Lauren ad, he looks like he's wearing a black sweatshirt and pants that he slept in. His look isn't "money" at all. And can you imagine any vendor saying somthing like "this is so mainland China" (where most of the items are made) instead of "Madison Avenue"? Yeah I didn't think so either.

Respected Contributor

References to money, the Hamptons, Beverly Hills, etc. are rather insulting to the viewers as if we are a bunch of unsophisticated hicks aspiring to look like we are wealthy fashion icons. It's so superficial. Everyone wants to look at least nice, but I don't buy things because they are worn on Madison Ave.  ridiculous. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Another new name Sue wrote:

References to money, the Hamptons, Beverly Hills, etc. are rather insulting to the viewers as if we are a bunch of unsophisticated hicks aspiring to look like we are wealthy fashion icons. It's so superficial. Everyone wants to look at least nice, but I don't buy things because they are worn on Madison Ave.  ridiculous. 

Exactly!!!! Alllll women want to look and feel pretty and dress nice. I don't care if you are from up north or down south east west and everywhere in between.  It really  can be off putting to those who are of very limited means. It is like a little slap in the face and a little smart eleck remark or a look down your nose type of thing that I hate!  Just please tell all the design details and all the little manufacturing type of things but leave out the snarky bits. Woman Wink

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Really. "it's so tacky" to say "it's so money". Come on ....

and, as far as Isaac - OMG, just stop it already. It's QVC, not a high end boutique somewhere in the Hamptons. 

-Texas Hill Country-