Honored Contributor

There are words I dislike and would never use, it's not their meanng, it's the word itself and I think less of those who say them. There are words I especially like, just the way they sound. 

I make up stories in my head and cast actors for the parts. 

I dislike people who snap their fingers and those who wear babies in carriers on their chest or back. 

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain  Ditto about words and those baby carriers. Finger snapping is rude, demanding and bullish behavior. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@TX-starlight wrote:

@jlkz I forgot to mention-When my mom had cataract surgery, it was me who did her drops. (MOM was very dependent on me for everything). I knew I was gonna have to do it, lol, I managed with no problems. This is coming from someone who totally freaks out when having my BP checked. I have even passed out from having it taken. I also used to get physically sick upon hearing certain medical details. I don't really have white coat syndrome, it stems from a traumatic childhood ordeal.

*quirk-I  can't walk barefoot in anyone else's house. I really don't like being barefoot anywhere, except inside my own house. 

@TX-starlight- I have a thing about being barefoot also.  I am fine with being barefoot inside my home, but will not go without shoes once I step beyong the door.  I can't even walk in my own yard barefoot.  It really bothers me too when I see other people walking around barefoot - especially children. 

I don't even go barefoot in my own house much less anywhere else.  Always have on my house shoes.

Honored Contributor

Contact lenses freak me out, I can't imagine putting a foreign object in my eye. Also, can not put eye drops in. Heaven help me when I need cataract surgery. 

Claustrophobic and can not stand getting a facial or driving through a car wash. 

Terrified by mice.

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I think every person has quirks; some are so common they don't seem weird. I totally avoid nail salons; do my own and can't stand the idea of anyone touching my feet. Can't stand the sound of people popping gum or making any other obnoxious noise like chewing with their mouth open, etc. Cannot stand any Progressive commercial; I truly get annoyed and upset and will leave the room if I don't have the remote in my hand....I find them very insulting.

I'm with you on those Progressive commercials... cannot STAND them!!!

Valued Contributor

I hate anyone touching my feet, even if it’s foot to foot. I’m way too ticklish and literally freak out and have to run away.

Can’t stand when someone’s ponytail accidentally hits me or brushes against me as they turn around.

My hangers and clothes all must be in uniform order hanging in my closets.

My drawers, closets, cabinets and refrigerator must be neat and organized.

House must be neat or at least tidy, but not necessarily perfect.

My $ bills must be in consecutive order, according to denomination, in my wallet, and all facing the same way.

Tiny specks of lint here or there, even if few and far between on floors or carpets, bother me and I walk around picking them up many times a day. Ugh.

Anything that’s even just slightly crooked or off angle, must be fixed so it’s straight and even again.

I must check that the gas is off before I leave the house, even if I hadn’t used the stove.

Nails must be professionally manicured and have polish on them at all times. Same with toes, though not professionally. 

I annoy myself. Ugh.

Esteemed Contributor

@mamaslittlepotato wrote:

I annoy myself. Ugh.

Sometimes when I'm talking with my husband, I'll talk and talk and talk -- without pausing to let him get a word in. After I'm finished talking, I'll say to myself, "Do you ever shut up?"  lol

Valued Contributor
@Daisy — LOL. I know what you mean.
Honored Contributor

You're a wreck @RetRN although I agree about mice. Next you'll have an aversion to roundabouts!