Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer I've lived in the SoCal heat all my life and have never tolerated heat well. I'm a heat exhaustion person. That's why I'm LOVING the cooler climate I'm in! LA is roasting, here it's 65-72 😍

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@catwhisperer I've lived in the SoCal heat all my life and have never tolerated heat well. I'm a heat exhaustion person. That's why I'm LOVING the cooler climate I'm in! LA is roasting, here it's 65-72 😍

@Moonchilde....now that's my kind of temperature!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Ms X, that's it - it made me feel happy just to look at it. It pleased my eyes.

I have always lived in SoCal until recently so it was only cold at night for maybe 3 months of the year, and by cold I mean in the 40s.  A lightweight comforter & a furry throw was plenty.

Central Coast is colder. In July and August the sun doesn't come out most days and it stays in the 60s near the coast. It was foggy today at 1:30 in the afternoon. It'll get warmer in Sept/Oct and down to freezing at night Dec into early March.

I didn't know anywhere in California had frost!  I remember a few years ago hearing news stories about Californians complaining about the cold winter weather.  IIRC, it was something like 50 degrees!  We were laughing our frozen butts off about that up here.  The winter before last, I literally could not see my neighbors walking up their side walkway until April because the snow drifts were so high.  That was an unusual amount of snow, though.  Have you ever been in a big blizzard where over a foot of snow falls?  During one such storm, we got two feet and the drifts hid my car.  My neighbor was trying to walk down the street and found himself walking on my Toyota!

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

I prefer the texture of a quilt over a comforter. Quilts seem to last longer, too,  IMO

I prefer the feel of comforters, but totally agree that quilts last longer, and are easier to care for, than comforters.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Quilts for summer, you can't beat them.You could add a nice blanket for winter.

@goldensrbest It is the same for us. I love my quilts and most are handmade.

Honored Contributor

@Lori Kaye wrote:

@Moonchilde I love the look of a beautiful quilt and have been looking for one for a spare bedroom. Would you mind sharing the one you are interested in? 

@Lori Kaye I have bought quilts from Macys and on sale, pretty good prices.

Respected Contributor

@Ms X.....I grew up in the Midwest, but have been in So. Cal 45 yrs. +. Californians don't know what real cold is.LOL. We do get frost here, but not often. I could never go back to living in that cold and snow. No thank you.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@Ms X.....I grew up in the Midwest, but have been in So. Cal 45 yrs. +. Californians don't know what real cold is.LOL. We do get frost here, but not often. I could never go back to living in that cold and snow. No thank you.

It must be fabulous to have beach weather all year!

Honored Contributor

That's my kind of colors, @Moonchilde.  Gorgeous.  I hope you love it.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X, not unusual in winter for it to be in the 40s and 30s depending on where, in the wee hours. But once the sun comes up it will get warmer, and not stay that cold during the daytime. In the 50s is cold for CA during the day, but not at night. And of course in the mountain ski resorts there is snow.

In the spring, summer and fall, the 60s is "cold" to those in SoCal and apparently normal to the Central Coast up through San Francisco.