Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Question about Antonella Nestor EDITED: THANK YOU ALL FOR THE INFO

@Georgiagrama    I'm sure other hosts spoke to herprivately but it would have been inappropriate of them to use the QVC sponsored social media sites to make personal comments to her.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Re: Quick Question about Antonella Nestor

WHO ELSE WAS LET GO?  THIS IS THE FIRST I'M HEARING OF THIS.   WE GET SO USED TO SEEING THESE HOSTS...THEY'RE LIKE FRIENDS.   ONE OF THE LAST THINGS I REMEMBER ABOUT  ANTONELLA:  SHE WAS DISCUSSING THAT BY HAVING TO DO THEIR OWN MAKEUP & HAIR...AFTER A WHILE, EVERYBODY LOOKS LIKE CHUEBAKA!   I NEVER LAUGHED SO MUCH.   I'VE REPEATED THAT STORY TO SEVERAL OF MY FRIENDS & FAMILY.  THANKS FOR THE HAPPY TIMES, TO ALL WHO LEFT.  JAN

Honored Contributor

Antonella has launched a FB page.  If you need a good laugh, she's the one ... so down to earth and wish she was my neighbor!

FB: Antonella M Nester

She has a cooking show on YouTube.  

Occasional Contributor

Wow she was let go?  QVC makes a lot of money and Antonella was there for so many years.  That's just not right.  Typical big corporation attitude. Just awful!  I wishe her the best.

Esteemed Contributor

One of the hosts was let go with no fanfare. However, from what I've seen, a host like Antonella was well liked and should have had some sort of celebration. And come on, she was there for 18 years! Today I noticed a newer host was let go, and she also posted her goodbye. Honestly, for her I wasn't surprised. She was pleasant but she was forever fumbling her words. She made me nervous, kind of like the cheerleader who is going to drop the baton.

Good luck to everyone. I'm sure they'll do well out there.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala which host was that?
Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 

@rms1954 wrote:

Under the circumstaces would you expect a good-bye party?

I,he been with QVC since almost the beginning and long time host use to get a cake and venders would come out and praise them.  Remember Kathy LaVin?  The difference could be, they left on their own, but Antonella was really loved and should have gotten a good send off.

Esteemed Contributor

My son just got let go with no warning age 61.  It,s not like in my day when you were a great worker and employee,  you had job security.  Today, you make too much money and they rather hire cheaper without experience.  Then you the consumer have to spend all the time on the phone, trying to get proper help, because in today,s world, most new hires, don,t know their ask  from a hold in the ground, but they are cheap.  What a world we live in today.

If I sound bitter, I am for what happen to my son and i,m sure there are others that have gone through the same experience.  He is supporting a wife with beginning dementia and has two grandchildren living with him, he supports.

Frequent Contributor

I think they got rid of the wrong hosts. I liked her and Gabrielle Kerr. When companys have lay offs the newer ones are the ones to lose their job first, not the older ones. I can name two that are on the air now, that shown have been gone. When I see them I just turn qvc off. 

Honored Contributor

@Fionna wrote:

I think they got rid of the wrong hosts. I liked her and Gabrielle Kerr. When companys have lay offs the newer ones are the ones to lose their job first, not the older ones. I can name two that are on the air now, that shown have been gone. When I see them I just turn qvc off. 

@Fionna  That is simply not true.