Honored Contributor

Re: Questions about Amazon Prime and viewing their videos

@Mindy D wrote:

If you are not an Amazon Prime member, can you still pay to watch amazon videos? If you are a Prime member are the videos that say free, free for everyone? How much is a Prime membership? 

look on Amazon dot com 

Respected Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Mindy D  et al, I have a question about Prime.  If I have an Android Box can I add the Amazon app (is there an Amazon Prime app?) to the box to streM content?  Is that how it works?  LM

@Lilysmom 

The Amazon Prime app will run on most devices running Android 7.0 or higher.

Amazon has a list of smart TV and devices that will run Amazon apps on the company site. 

I have Amazon Prime (which I have only used for shopping) And I have  Apple TV which does have an icon for "Amazon Prime" Can I get their videos  with that set up?

Esteemed Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Mindy D  et al, I have a question about Prime.  If I have an Android Box can I add the Amazon app (is there an Amazon Prime app?) to the box to streM content?  Is that how it works?  LM

@Lilysmom 

Amazon has a list of smart TV and devices that will run Amazon apps on the company site. 

I have Amazon Prime (which I have only used for shopping) And I have  Apple TV which does have an icon for "Amazon Prime" Can I get their videos  with that set up?

Correct me if I'm wrong but Apple TV is a separate streaming service like Roku, Hulu etc. it has nothing to do with Amazon. I have Apple TV free for a year when I got my new iPad. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

If you are not an Amazon Prime member, can you still pay to watch amazon videos? If you are a Prime member are the videos that say free, free for everyone? How much is a Prime membership? 

@Mindy D 

I pay for Amazon Prime by the year for $119. I pay an additional $79 a year for Amazon Prime Unlimited Music. 

A yearly subscription is always less than a monthly one. 

Prime customers  can view many free videos. 

New releases are not included in the free selection of movies or TV shows. 

New movies usually rent for $5.99, and you can buy TV shows for $2.99. 

Are you planning to buy an Amazon Shows8? What type of voucher comes with this device?

JMO, if you buy a Amazon media device you need Prime. 

Amazon gives customers a 30 day trial with Prime. 

I bought the a Show 8. My TV already has Amazon on it. I've watched a free viewing of Mrs. Maisel. I never joined a Prime before because I have only had to pay shipping one time even though I order from Amazon all the time. The fre 2 day ship was not an incentive to me to join. All was free. When I checked through the all the videos yesterday, they had so many that are not on Netflix, plus they have the IMBD ratings for each video right there under the video so I don't have to keep checking back and forth to the imbd site to find out if a video is worth my time. They also have first run movies for $5 and 4K selections. Plus they give you a discount at Whole Foods. This is why I'm finally going to join. Another poster mentioned that Prime gives a discount for Medicaid recipients. I emailed my niece to tell her bf about this. 

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH 

What is SNAP ?

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@SydneyH 

What is SNAP ?

Food stamp program, but I think they honor that discount with Medicaid subscribers as well, not sure.......

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Lilysmom 

@Mothertrucker  If you have an Apple TV device hooked up to your tv and if you have the Amazon Prime Icon and are a prime member then yes...that's how we watch Amazon Prime...DW

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg , thanks for the info.  My Android box is 7 so that would work.  LM

Respected Contributor

@dancingwoman  Thank you!!!! I will give it a shot!!!!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FranandZoe  @Mindy D  Yes, the movies I have watched were $3.99 and I am a Prime member. 

However, you can get a $1 "reward" on most orders if you choose Free No Rush Shipping.  It's usually the last option on the shipping list.  Those dollars are used to reduce my movie charges.  When I don't absolutely need an order to arrive next day, I choose the No Rush option and most of my movies are free with the rewards dollars, which are automatically applied...