Honored Contributor

Re: Questions About Convict & Dead Deputy

@icezeus wrote:

@lgfan wrote:

I am wondering if Patricia Arquette is going to play the dead deputy.  I am seeing a movie of the week from this incident.

@lgfan 

This has Lifetime Movie written all over it. 

I agree.  They're probably already writing the screenplay.  I nominate Brad Garrett and Kathy Bates for the leads.  

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

All said this was so out of character for her to have done.  But they also mentioned that even after years of divorce she and her ex husband had a good relationship.  He died earlier this year I believe.  Her loss of him in her life may have clouded her judgment a great deal.

@beckyb1012 

Reports are that after they divorced, he was diagnosed with Parkinsons, so they still lived together, so that she help him.

Reports say that he passed away 6 months ago.

There really had to be some feelings there to continue to be his caregiver.  I know I could never live with my ex healty or otherwise.  

Our local TV station called her a widow who had no children. She was too young to throw everything away. I'll never understand why she did. Wasn't this guy convicted of killing someone? How could she trust him? 

Esteemed Contributor

This was a bad situation. She planned this jail break. It ended the way she wanted.

He has added federal  charges with all the rest. He will probably end up in federal prison out of state. His current state does not have the resources to make the victims families feel Safe. 

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Menopause might have made me crabby and bi*chy some days.  It never made me stupid as in "let me help spring this guy out of jail and become a fugitive."

Thank you @CrazyKittyLvr2 .  That was my point. 

You do realize it was another poster who brought up menopause.  I was stating her judgment may have been clouded to the recent death of her ex husband whom she continued to live with and was his caregiver.  He passed 6 months ago.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Menopause might have made me crabby and bi*chy some days.  It never made me stupid as in "let me help spring this guy out of jail and become a fugitive."

Thank you @CrazyKittyLvr2 .  That was my point. 

You do realize it was another poster who brought up menopause.  I was stating her judgment may have been clouded to the recent death of her ex husband whom she continued to live with and was his caregiver.  He passed 6 months ago.

@beckyb1012 

My reply was to Software, which is why I highlighted her statement about Menopause in red.  When I hit Quote, your reply to her was included.  But my reply was to her Menopause comment, not your comment about her husband's death.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Those in charge were interviewed early on and have said that she never should have been transporting this guy alone. That never should have happened from a safety perspective. 

Shoekitty.  I read she was a widow.  With no kids

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Those in charge were interviewed early on and have said that she never should have been transporting this guy alone. That never should have happened from a safety perspective. 

I agree--that never should have happened...so why did it? Was someone there who just let them through?

I'm guessing that this will stir up a s*h*i*t  storm, and it should.

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

She was the supervisor of inmate transport

She made sure all the other available deputies were busy.

Supposedly they had a "special relationship" going back a couple of years

It's a county jail, not a prison.

But if the Feds keep him, his roaming days are over

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

First, it was always going to end badly, my questions are,

1.  She was transporting him to Court for a supposed evaluation. There was no Court date. Does no one at the jail verify this stuff and just let people waltz out.

2. He was freaking 6' 9" and 300 lbs. Yeah, let's one lone woman take the convicted murderer in her car. That guy could take on 2 grown men.  Is it custom for one deputy to transport a murderer especially one his size?

Is the jail run on the honor system?

@software  This is what I read also.  She was the person in charge of the transports.  There were already 2 transports that morning with 2 guards each.  She said something about the only qualified deputy to do the transport and she was the boss of the person that let her take him.  

It is just a crazy that she would destroy her life like this. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm kind of waiting for his defense to be he was kidnapped by her.  All he knew was she was coming to get him to take him to an appointment/appearance, anything, and the next thing he knew they were on the run.   She was the one with the gun in her hand at the end.  She was the one chewing him out for wanting to stay at a motel and telling him to get out and run.  I think a defense attorney could spin quite a tale.

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  Yes, I do believe that may be the case at times as Fed prisons supposedly  tend to be like the country clubs of incarceration and there's less overcrowding, hence better conditions, food, etc.  Maybe it's easier to police the inmates?

I asked about security. He is in a medium security one. There are also high security ones. He said country club ones are minimum and low security.