Honored Contributor

Re: Question- sweet taste in mouth-anyone experience this?

@dennylilly  some of the oral meds for diabetes can be quite hard on your stomach. This is what happened to me

Regular Contributor

I am not on anything new though and this just started ....

Esteemed Contributor

@K9buddy I so agree with you.  Living in the dark does you no good.  I research and research so I'm prepared to sound intelligent and ask quality questions of a doctor.  Doctors spend so little time with you - 15 mins - you better be armed and ready to learn more.  Hate the response...............go to doctor

Honored Contributor

I had been on metformin a number of years, before my trouble started. It can be cumulative @dennylilly 

Honored Contributor

I have never had  sweet taste in my mouth, but I often get more of a bitter taste and it seems to emanate from one of my back teeth.  It comes and goes, but nothing I do makes it go.  I'll brush that tooth more than the others and even use a scraper on it since I do tend to get buildup on the backside of that back tooth, but no matter how much I brush and scrape it doesn't help.  And then it'll just go away and not return for months.  Really annoying.  

Regular Contributor

thank you for stating that about asking about something on a message board.  I feel exactly how you do thats why i started off defending myself because i always get that advice.  I ask friends and family the same thing.  Just trying to get some idea.  Yes I panick when something new happens that i don't recognize--fear of the unknown. But also don't want to waste time and $$ if its something that will pass no worries.  Depending on the response I get I decide what to do or not to do.  Google is also bad but only if you self diagnose and make decisions.  I have gone many times and the dr has told me something that I understood way better because I had seen it on google.

Honored Contributor

@dennylilly As a type 2 diabetic, I sympathize. I've never had that experience you are having but I hope when you see your doctor and get some results that you'll let us know.

Of course, only if you wish to. Don't want to invade your privacy and I wish you well.

Regular Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@dennylilly   Read this

https://carekees.com/sweet-taste-in-mouth/

i did find all of these when I looked on google.  I don' t have a sweet taste when I drink water it seems that when I start to eat whatever , the saliva needed to eat is sweet. thats all I can figure out.  Its hard to describe. it is scary all the things they say it could be so im trying to see if someone had it and it WASN'T life threatening.  Just to calm my fears I guess.  A dr visit is going to be the only thing that will or won't unfortunately so I guess I have to do it sooner than later.

Regular Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@dennylilly As a type 2 diabetic, I sympathize. I've never had that experience you are having but I hope when you see your doctor and get some results that you'll let us know.

Of course, only if you wish to. Don't want to invade your privacy and I wish you well.

thank you. Diabetes sucks. I hate it so much.  I will let you know what I find out.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dennylilly wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@dennylilly   Read this

https://carekees.com/sweet-taste-in-mouth/

i did find all of these when I looked on google.  I don' t have a sweet taste when I drink water it seems that when I start to eat whatever , the saliva needed to eat is sweet. thats all I can figure out.  Its hard to describe. it is scary all the things they say it could be so im trying to see if someone had it and it WASN'T life threatening.  Just to calm my fears I guess.  A dr visit is going to be the only thing that will or won't unfortunately so I guess I have to do it sooner than later.

One piece of advice?

Don't google symptoms.

As you found out, you'll only end up scaring yourself.

Easier said than done, I'll admit, but it's best for one's piece of mind to not google symptoms.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.