Honored Contributor

Re: Question- sweet taste in mouth-anyone experience this?

I am a diabetic that takes metformin and injects insulin.  It's good news that your doctor has taken you off the metformin, you must be doing great at keeping your A1C in check.  Keep up the good work!  Healthy diet and exercise, along with doctors guidance, is a good plan for maintaining control of diabetes.  Best of luck to you. 

Regular Contributor

I won’t but I feel good so it’s more scary. And easier to put off. Don’t like to eat tho everything is weird unless it’s sweets. Or salty
Regular Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I am a diabetic that takes metformin and injects insulin.  It's good news that your doctor has taken you off the metformin, you must be doing great at keeping your A1C in check.  Keep up the good work!  Healthy diet and exercise, along with doctors guidance, is a good plan for maintaining control of diabetes.  Best of luck to you. 

I  wish that was true.  I had a reaction when my doctor added insulin to my meds and took me off metformin to take care of that.  I have had my A1C at 7.5 for three years so unfortunately I'm sitll working on it.  This current problem has been a wake up call for what I'm going to look forward to if I don't get my act together. And by that I mean health problems not this specific one.  I'm praying its not serious like what I saw as options on google.  I will probably call tomorrow but to be honest im hoping it will be all better by then...obviously not gonna happen.  So i need to put on my big girl panties and deal with whatever might come.  Thanks for your support and positive comments.

Honored Contributor

This can come from difficulty regulating blood sugar. It also can come from reflux and infections, including sinus infections.