Regular Contributor

Question- sweet taste in mouth-anyone experience this?

First of all i WILL go to the doctor. I am always told to go to the doctor when I ask questions about health things.  I am trying to get information from anyone who may have experienced this and also a clue to how urgent it is.  I just noticed this yesterday and went on Google and freaked myself out.  I feel perfectly fine otherwise -but have been having more headaches than usual- and no i did not go to the dr about them because they were not excruciating and they came and went and I really think it might be weather related as our weather is crazy here like in alot of the country.  I am almost 60 years old and don't want to run to the dr every time i have an ache or pain, because i woud be ther e ALOT.  I have also been in menopause and having all the fun symptoms for 11 years so when things happen i attribute it to that.  I get hot flashes that almost make me feel sick.

Just wanted to give that background to alleviate everyone telling me to go to the dr.  I want to know if anyone has had this weird taste in the mouth thing and what was your story.  Google said sinus or colds could be the cause and i'm thinking maybe my headache are from sinus (though i have none of the usual sinus symptoms) and that would explain it.

Thanks for reading this long post and any help would be appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question- sweet taste in mouth-anyone experience this?

Have you had any blood work done lately?

If so...are your fasting glucose levels within normal range?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don’t understand why some posters chastise people for asking about health issues and tell them not to get advice from a message board but to go to the doctor.  

Before going to a doctor, it’s not a bad idea to try to get information from someone who may have had a similar issue.  It arms you with information when you actually do go to the doctor.  I don’t thInk most posters here rely solely on recommendations from other posters.

Could you have reflux?

Honored Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:

I don’t understand why some posters chastise people for asking about health issues and tell them not to get advice from a message board but to go to the doctor.  

Before going to a doctor, it’s not a bad idea to try to get information from someone who may have had a similar issue.  It arms you with information when you actually do go to the doctor.  I don’t thInk most posters here rely solely on recommendations from other posters.

Could you have reflux?

@K9buddy, I agree with you, with the caveat that you mention: No one should rely on medical advice given online, but sometimes personal information can be a helpful start.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have had this as part of my problems with gastritis. You can also get it from medicines

Until you see the Dr ,you might try taking an antacid ,to see if that helps you at all.

Honored Contributor

Regular Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

yes i am a diabetic and just saw my dr a couple weeks ago

Regular Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

my aic is a little high but it has been the same for three years.  nothing unusal  im always working on it

Regular Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I have had this as part of my problems with gastritis. You can also get it from medicines

Until you see the Dr ,you might try taking an antacid ,to see if that helps you at all.

I have GERD and take medication for it

Regular Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:

Could you have reflux?

yes I have GERD and take medication for it