Honored Contributor

Re: Question on return postage

On 5/4/2014 kachina624 said: So are you saying all of your returns are defective?

No, I never said that.....But, very seldom return any of the clothing I receive. If I am returning it because I don't like it or it just plain doesn't look good on me, then I return it and expect to pay the return postage.....that's a given.

Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 muttmom said:
On 5/4/2014 ShowMe said:
On 5/4/2014 muttmom said:

All packages I return to the Q are hand dropped into a mailbox that is close to me.....I use their return label every time and it doesn't cost me a thing to do that...... Their return labels are not for UPS anymore.....it is USPS.

Edited by me.

You pay the return purchase. The cost is deducted from your return.

Over the years QVC has changed policy on returns. There was a time they said to return items in the original package. They now accept multiple returns in the same package. Once I was told by CS to put both return labels on the package. I was charged for both returns.

I know my own posting, and believe this is my post you quoted. No, I did not pay for the return of my purchase. Before I ever return anything I always call CS to advise them I am returning something and why......

They will charge you if you are just plain returning the items because you don't like it, or you feel it doesn't look good on you......but not if it is considered defective.

Regarding the bolded and underlined above, believe you meant to say you put the portion of the receipt you return with your merchandise on the inside of the package, not the return labels on the outside. There would be no need to put 2 return labels on the outside......

No, CS told me I needed to put both return labels on the outside of the package as they scan the label to credit the account.

Well, we must have each spoken with a different CS because I was never ever told that.

Super Contributor

I have tried it both ways over the years, and I think there is a bit of a double-standard. The Q will sometimes send multiple items so they save on S&H, yet you are billed S&H on each item. Should work both ways, and I have returned multiple items (i.e. 2 pair of shoes in different colors, and neither fit me properly) with just one shipping return, and it's been fine. I also tried to return different items that weren't shipped together all in one package, and was billed separate returns for them. I think at the end of the day, it depends on who receives and processes the return and how generous they are feeling. JMO

Respected Contributor

On 5/5/2014 ShowMe said:
<br class="quote_author" /> <br />

No, CS told me I needed to put both return labels on the outside of the package as they scan the label to credit the account.

Well, we must have each spoken with a different CS because I was never ever told that.

Why do I feel like you do not believe me?

It is clear not all CS reps give the same info. Why else would posters advise others to call back CS if they do not get the resolution they want from the first rep they speak with?

Honored Contributor

I have returned multiple items in one package as long as they are the same type of items. All skincare, all jewelry, all clothing. I don't mix them up.

When I am going to do that, if I use the QVC return label, I cross off any numbers along the label and I write on the package how many items are included.

If I do that, they have to open the package and manually do a return. If you don't do that, I have been told you will only get credit for the item belonging to the label you use because they scan the label and move on.

Esteemed Contributor

It sounds to me like QVC needs to train all its Customer Service reps the same way, because a lot of us have been told totally different things. I've posted before that I've received many defective items this past year, and I have used the label from a defective item on the return package, but put other items (defective or not) in the same package. I've never had a problem with getting credit for all items in the package and have never been charged shipping for any of the extra items. As the one rep said, the others could "ride along for free". If their policy has changed, it hasn't affected me so far. It would be interesting to just call and talk to different reps and see what they say.

Super Contributor

On 5/5/2014 ShowMe said:
On 5/4/2014 kachina624 said: So are you saying all of your returns are defective?

No, I never said that.....But, very seldom return any of the clothing I receive. If I am returning it because I don't like it or it just plain doesn't look good on me, then I return it and expect to pay the return postage.....that's a given.

Pardon me, but none of this was what you posted originally. You simply stated you NEVER paid postage. Next post was you never pay postage on your returns when defective.

Now you are saying when you have an item you just don't like, you pay the return ship.

Quite different from your first post. That's why all the questions.

Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 pistolino said:
On 5/5/2014 ShowMe said:

Pardon me, but none of this was what you posted originally. You simply stated you NEVER paid postage. Next post was you never pay postage on your returns when defective.

Now you are saying when you have an item you just don't like, you pay the return ship.

Quite different from your first post. That's why all the questions.

Sorry if you are confused....... LOL I'm not......I know exactly what I said......

Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 ShowMe said:
<br class="quote_author" /> <br />

Why do I feel like you do not believe me?

It is clear not all CS reps give the same info. Why else would posters advise others to call back CS if they do not get the resolution they want from the first rep they speak with?

I never said I do not believe you........

But, it appears that some on here are not believing me in what I have said.

So, I'm done with this topic on here.

Super Contributor

On 5/5/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I have returned multiple items in one package as long as they are the same type of items. All skincare, all jewelry, all clothing. I don't mix them up.

When I am going to do that, if I use the QVC return label, I cross off any numbers along the label and I write on the package how many items are included.

If I do that, they have to open the package and manually do a return. If you don't do that, I have been told you will only get credit for the item belonging to the label you use because they scan the label and move on.

Now, I did basically the same thing, sent back 3 pair of shoes...2 were same style in different colors and too big. The others fit, but had an obvious defect (not sure why they were even sent out, except they were on clearance and perhaps they hoped the buyer wouldn't notice). I returned them all in the same box, without contacting CS first. I used the return shipping label for the defective shoes on the box, but inside I just noted on the "reason for return" that the others were too big. I then rubber banded each individual return slip to the appropriate shoebox. When they processed my return, I was credited for all charges, including S&H. Maybe I just got lucky that day?