Super Contributor

I have three pairs of these; and love them all.  Just wondering, if anyone knows if (a) I can wash the inserts and (b) can i wash the actual shoes -- canvas so I was wondering.

Spenco Orthotic Gored Lace Slip-On Sneaker - Malibu 21 - A393325
Honored Contributor

@soozer    I don't think Spencos are made to be washed.  That has never been a selling point during presentations.  You could call the company and ask how to best clean them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

i wash sneakers all the time that never advertise being washable.

i just let them air dry.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I know. I did contact the company with no response, unfortunately.  

Respected Contributor

@soozer I'm not sure.i just got Spencer quiltted mules in olive green.they are not as cushiony as described

Honored Contributor

I've never heard Spencos described as "cushiony", which they're not.  They describe them as " supportive", which they are.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I would remove the insert, and then wash. That is what is recommended before washing any shoe.

Esteemed Contributor

@soozer I am guessing your question is about machine wash.  

Inserts are typically not machine washable, the machine motion would ruin the insert.  I would just replace it.

With regards to the shoe, if you go that route, make sure not to use hot water, which may affect any glue.  Of course, machine washing can also mangle the shoe.  But if the shoes are stinky and unwearable, it may be worth a chance.  Many people throw their sneakers in the washing machine, taking the risk.  If I were to do that, I would remove the laces and put them in a delicates bag.  Air dry.

If the inserts and/or shoes are just surface dirty, I would just spot clean, scrub with a soapy scrub or brush as appropriate, remove the soap with a wet cloth.  Blot excess water with a towel and air dry.

Super Contributor

Thank you so much for all your helpful hints and ideas.  

I also was thinking of using the Mr Clean magic erasers on the canvas (beige) pair.  I read somewhere they can also work.  

The beige pair is kinda getting some dirt and wear......hopefully spot cleaning will do the trick and i will remove the inserts and wash or soak them gently. I am not thinking I will ever put them in the machine -- 

You guys are the best.  Thanks again for sharing and helping. 

Esteemed Contributor

@soozer,  if you can't get an answer from the company check Amazon to see if they have the same or similar style shoe then ask a question. 

Amazon will send you an email when someone has replied so you don't have to babysit the product.

Also check existing questions and/or reviews to see if anyone has commented on cleaning the shoes.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.