Honored Contributor

Re: Question on American Girl Dolls

My daughter will be turning 29 in a few weeks and we still have her treasured AG dolls lovingly packed away in a large white wicker truck bought just for the dolls.

She has three of the dolls. Her first was Molly then came Felicity and her last doll was a "girl of today" who looked like her when she was young. Over the years my daughter received a lot of AG books, accessories and clothing plus generic clothing to fit the dolls. However by the time she was 12 she was no longer interested in playing with them. She liked having their "company" in her room but playing with them or asking for more AG items was sadly a thing of the past. I think by then I was more interested in seeing the cute outfits!

A few years ago I spent an afternoon with DD in NYC. It was a beautiful early autumn day and as we wandered around we stumbled upon the AG store. We both went in and spent at least a hour looking around having fun and seeing just how much the line has expanded since she was last into playing with them. So many cute things but it can really add up!

I hope that someday I might see a granddaughter who will love playing with her dolls! ...that would be so nice! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Re: Question on American Girl Dolls

Buy the real AG doll. Even if SHE doesn't know it's fake, the rest of her friends and mommies will...and she then will be upset!!!

Just don't expect her to "play" with the doll beyond age 7-8. No girls around here play with dolls after they're in 1st grade.