Honored Contributor

Re: Question for those who live in hurricane prone areas

@gmkb wrote:
DH just texted me that he is going home. We are inland but wind is getting stronger and he was told to go home. Breathing a sigh of relief.

@gmkb

Are you and yours ok?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@gmkb wrote:
DH just texted me that he is going home. We are inland but wind is getting stronger and he was told to go home. Breathing a sigh of relief.

@gmkb

Are you and yours ok?

@LTT1 We are okay,.  I was in the hospital on an upper floor so did not experience much.

My DH at home with no electricity since Sun. (5 days).  No damage to house, but a tree down.

I have been moved to a rehab facility where I am receiving 4 hours of therapy per day to help regain strength.  Thank you for asking.

Edited to add:  gasoline, water, ice, bread in short supply.  DH pulled into a gasoline station the other day and was told a truck due in 2 hours.  He decided to wait at the pump and got lucky because truck showed in about 1 hour, station taking only cash, and he was able to fill up.  Slowly things getting back to normal.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree.....they may be looked down upon....they aren't administrators, nor do they have degrees. They don't save lives. They don't make much money. Jobs and opportunities and better paying jobs are not possibilities. Many of them hold down two jobs just to make ends meet. Seeking more education and a better life isn't an option for them because you have to sleep sometime.

Who are they?

Hats off to the gas station attendants, the grocery store clerks, the sanitation workers and the landscapers.

Everybody gives lauds to the First Responders, and they deserve it, but I give high praise and thanks to these people I just mentioned. They are all helping to restore important services none of us can live without.

Poodlepet2

PS, when I talk about landscapers, it's beyond making pretty gardens and lawns. They are out there removing downed trees-possibly putting their lives at risk.