Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Question for Any Crocheters/Knitters

@northiie57 wrote:

JMO....I have never paid for a pattern when there are many free crochet patterns online

I don't disagree but sometimes there's a pattern that is different and sometimes I don't want to be bothered clicking back and forth so for a dollar or two, on sale, I just pay for it.    :smileyhappy:

Valued Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

maybe they didn't have enough ads for the emails to support the cost of sending them out.

I get 2 crochet magazines from annies and other than them being delayed some months I didn't have any problems.  the magazines usually come in a plastic bag with ads for knickknacks.   Have you tried yarninspirations.com for for free patterns?

Sending emails is relatively cheap and since the patterns are emailed for us to download it isn't really costing them all that much.

Yes, I look at all the sites for free patterns.  Yarnspirations, Lion, Jo-Anne's.  I'm just really curious as to why Annie's stopped sendng all of a sudden.    :smileyhappy:

Respected Contributor

I receive something in my email every day from them .you might want to try setting up a new account by cancelling your current one and starting over.

Contributor

Have you heard of ravelry.com?  It's the largest site for knit and crochet, it's free and offers more nformation than any site. 

Valued Contributor

@gewisse wrote:

Have you heard of ravelry.com?  It's the largest site for knit and crochet, it's free and offers more nformation than any site. 

Yes, I belong to that too.  It just bugs me that I can't get a straight answer from Annie's.  If they stopped sending the emails that's fine but all they have to do is tell me that.  Instead they try to put the blame on me.  I must have done something to prevent the sale emails from arriving yet I get CS emails, I get order acknowledgements, I get pattern downloads, I get "thank you for your order" emails but no sale emails.  Then they stopped  responding to me altogether. It's almost as if they have a problem but don't know how to fix it so they just ignore me until I go away, which I will eventually.  Guess they don't want my business anymore.  Thanks for the Ravely suggestion.  Appreciated.  :smileyhappy:

Valued Contributor

@sydsgma1 wrote:

I receive something in my email every day from them .you might want to try setting up a new account by cancelling your current one and starting over.

AH HA!!!  This is the reply I was hoping to get.  Now I know that they are still sending these emails out on a regualar basis but just not to my address!   Thank you, thank you, thank you for this reply!  :heart:  At least I know I'm not crazy or being unreasonable when I contact them.

I've tried to set up another account but every time I try to do that I get a message that I can't because of the IP address or something.  It's very odd.  Plus, I have a ton of stuff in my Library and I'm afraid of losing it.   But, again, thank you for this information as it confirms what I thought was the case but had no way to verify it.  :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: