Valued Contributor

Question for Any Crocheters/Knitters

[ Edited ]

For years I've been buying patterns from Annie's e-Patterns Central online and had been getting newsletters with sales several times a week but that all stopped in December.  At first I thought that with Covid and Christmas they might be shorthanded but the newsletters never resumed.  I wrote to their CS several times to no avail.  If I want to see sales now I have to go on line to their website since I no longer get them in my email box. All my info is there so no issues with that. 

Then I thought I would try  an experiment and ordered a pattern.  I went on line, placed an order, got the acknowledgement, downloaded the pattern, got a "thank you for the order" email and that was the end of it.  We all know that if you order something on line it usually takes an act of God to get off their mailing list but not in this case.

Which brings me to my question.  Is anyone else out there who orders patterns from Annie's e-Patterns Central experiencing something like this?  If you got their sale emails in the past do you still get them or have they stopped for you too?  I'm just curious to know if this issue is just with me or if they've stopped sending sale emails to everyone.  

Thanks for any input!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Question for Any Crocheters/Knitters

I don't order from that site but I see the ads all the time I think on Facebook. You might try looking on Instagram or Facebook to see what's is happening to them. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Not crochet or knitting related but my husband used to get circulars and e-mails from Harbor Freight and all of a sudden they stopped.

The last time he was in the store he asked about it and it's because of Covid that they stopped.  

Valued Contributor

@evelyner wrote:

I don't order from that site but I see the ads all the time I think on Facebook. You might try looking on Instagram or Facebook to see what's is happening to them. 

I don't use Instagram but I did look at their FB page but it doesn't address the email issue.  Thanks for the suggestion though. :smileyhappy: 

Valued Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Not crochet or knitting related but my husband used to get circulars and e-mails from Harbor Freight and all of a sudden they stopped.

The last time he was in the store he asked about it and it's because of Covid that they stopped.  

That makes sense. I know that has happened with a lot of circulars that come in the mail but Covid started at the beginning of 2020 and the emails stopped around Christmas time.  I thought it might be because of Covid but with all the emails I sent to thier CS I would think that someone would have simply responded with that as a reason rather than send me email after email telling me it was something I was doing wrong when I changed nothing at my end.  I guess I should resign myself to the fact that I'll never get another sale email.  :smileysad:  Thanks for the reply.  :smileyhappy:

Contributor

Have you checked your spam folder?

Honored Contributor

In what way would covid possibly affect someone sitting at home crocheting or knitting?  You'd think increased demand would cause the service to be enhanced. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

JMO....I have never paid for a pattern when there are many free crochet patterns online

Respected Contributor

maybe they didn't have enough ads for the emails to support the cost of sending them out.

I get 2 crochet magazines from annies and other than them being delayed some months I didn't have any problems.  the magazines usually come in a plastic bag with ads for knickknacks.   Have you tried yarninspirations.com for for free patterns?

Valued Contributor

@finch wrote:

Have you checked your spam folder?

Yup. I always check that first.  I also have Annies on my white list and listed several different ways in my contacts list.  Still no luck.  I'm beginning to think they just stopped sending  email sale notifications altogether but didn't bother announcing it.  Thanks for responding.   :smileyhappy: