Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question about the stimulus check being mailed

@SharkE wrote:

@elated wrote:

@amyb wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Mine said sent the 6th still waiting.  same thing happened the first time we're at the back of the bus as usual.

Guess we better hope the mails aren't like they was 2-3 weeks ago or by the time we get it be to old to spend it.

somebody mailed me something from Ind on Dec. 7th I got it Jan 8th

maybe they're being sent 'book rate' and by mail innovations. ROFL

Why they just couldn't put mine in our direct deposit is beyond me now

I have to watch for it for going on a week.

animated-smileys-angry-043.gif

Question...how/where does everyone know/see when it was sent to them?

You go to IRS.gov and look under Get My Payment. It will give you the status when you put your information into the system.

Mine was mailed on 1/6 according to their website. I have not received mine. It stated it could take 14 days from mailing. 

I didn't see anything about a 2 week waiting time.

If you go to the section regarding questions, that is where I got the information.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I wonder how they work it's....by state , last name ???  Maybe there is no rhyme or reason 🤔  Still haven't received ours yet and from what I read the 15th is the cut of date .

The cutoff date is the last date for mailing or direct deposit. I read an article that IRS had a mix up on direct deposit accounts that went to the wrong account number. They are getting it corrected so it has been moved to February if this occurred.

Did you check the IRS.gov website under Get My Payment? That will give you your information.

Super Contributor

We received the first stimulus with direct deposit. When I go to check this time it says they don't have any information. We should have received one again, but it doesn't look like we will. 

Esteemed Contributor

@yamma024 wrote:

We received the first stimulus with direct deposit. When I go to check this time it says they don't have any information. We should have received one again, but it doesn't look like we will. 

@yamma024,  if you are entitled to a payment and you don't receive it there is a form to file with your federal tax return that I think gets you the money as a refund.  Go to irs.gov and look at the FAQs for more information about what to do if you don't get a check, deposit or debit card.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 

Same here ...

-----------------------------------

@kaydee50 wrote:

Ours was direct deposited on the 4th.  Wouldn't trust the mails.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@yamma024 wrote:

@yamma024,  if you are entitled to a payment and you don't receive it there is a form to file with your federal tax return that I think gets you the money as a refund.  Go to irs.gov and look at the FAQs for more information about what to do if you don't get a check, deposit or debit card.

It is called Recovery Rebate Credit that you put on your 1040 form or 1040 SR. It either lowers your taxes owed or gives you a bigger refund.

Super Contributor

Not sure if that would work, we would be filing for the 2020 tax year.  We will be over the limit for 2020 tax return.  Husband was laid off from a Petroleum company due to covid.  We will have his 2020 income and a full year of severance. So our income for 2020 is double. So that will aslo make us ineligable for any additional stimulus after 2020 taxes are filed.

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@patbz   Selling rental property isn't earned income, but capital gains, that is, if there was a profit.  Isn't the stimulus based on earned income or is it adjusted gross?

@tends2dogs   It's my understanding that it's based on adjusted gross income.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine was part of the mass mailing of Jan 6.  Hoping to see it this week.  God a debit card last week.  Didn't want the IRS to know our checking account.  The less the IRS knows the better.

EDIT: Just took a look at USPS informed Delivery.  Looks like our debit cards.  The return address is Cardmemeber Services.  Wilmington Delaware

Honored Contributor

Sounds more like a credit card bill