Trusted Contributor

Question about a mortgage company........

I keep getting numerous calls daily from Nationstar Mtg company, and letters delivered by UPS, and letters in letterhead with MY mortgage company, on it, for me to refinance my home!!!!!!!!{#emotions_dlg.angry} I do not need to refinance my home, as I have never been near a foreclosure, or missed a payment, or even ever been late for a payment.....I owe so little, that I could pay it off, but I need a tax break, as my condo is paid off.......Wink I am tired of the harassment.......I have blocked them from my home, but it will still ring 1 time, and show the call is from a blocked caller.......Well, today, I called the company, and they stated to me, that unless I give my social security number, they will not discuss anything with me......I tried to email the BBB, but without all info about the company, I can not email my complaint, and there is no phone number to contact the BBB......According to all of the letters that I receive, almost daily, it states the government is ready to give me a loan, meaning they want me to pay PMI, which is absolute stupidity, so I am asking........What do I need to do now, to stop this constant harrassment 7 days a week by phone, and almost daily by either the USP system, or the US mail system?????? Sorry.......I am just about to go postal here today.........{#emotions_dlg.angry}{#emotions_dlg.angry}{#emotions_dlg.angry}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

Re: Question about a mortgage company........

I just typed Better Business Bureau into my browser and it came up with the number for NJ.

Also right under is a link to find a BBB in your state.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/17/2015 CelticCrafter said:

I just typed Better Business Bureau into my browser and it came up with the number for NJ.

Also right under is a link to find a BBB in your state.

That is what I did, but it wanted the name, address, phone, email, and URL for the company.....Since I have no connections to this company, I am limited to access to all of this, as I know it says it is out of Texas, but without a loan number, or account, I can not get all of the information that the BBB is asking for where I live.....I am going to contact my lawyer on Monday, as I am sooooo tired of this, but it is crazy.........{#emotions_dlg.scared}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

n/m

Esteemed Contributor

There is no law whatsoever that prevents them from sending you solicitations by mail. Calling you on the phone if yo have no prior relationships with them is against the law. They have a website with a customer service number. I suggest you call that customer service dept and demand to be removed from the mailing list and their calling list. Contacting the Better Buiness Bureau will accomplish absolutely nothing in this case. You have blocked the number so the calls are not,coming through so why are you getting all worked up over this?
Honored Contributor

Put ""return to sender"" on all their correspondence and let them pay the postage back. Don't answer their calls. They'll get bored with you eventually.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

We get that stuff constantly and it gets thrown in the recycler. We don't answer our phone unless we wish to speak with whomever is calling. Easy-Peasy.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

They want your business, simple as that. You are a good credit risk and they want to have you refinance with them. Why? Because if you refinance it's usually for longer than what is left on your current mortgage. That's more interest money for them. Many will also refinance for a lot more than what is left on their current mortgage. Again, it's more money in interest for them.

This is all public information. Shred the letters and don't answer the phone. That's what we've been doing. None of these letters we receive are from our own mortgage company either. I don't recognize half the names on the letterhead.

If we want to refinance we'll do the calling.

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't take it personally. It's like spam junk mail.

You can't stop it because they have a relationship with you they are allowed to call & write. As others have said just don't answer the number or numbers(s) they call from.

Refinancing isn't always a bad deal. Sometimes those in a 30yr mortgage want to refinance to 10 or 15 to get out of debt sooner.

Refi's can mean lots of $$$$ in origination and closing fees. They're just trying to make a buck in a tough economy.

Honored Contributor

forrestwolf

You can ask the credit card companies to put a block on offers. I didn't know this until we had identity theft a year ago. When working with an Equifax agent she gave the number to call each credit bureau and opt out. Mortgage companies, credit card companies can check your acct to see if you are good credit risk. They do this with everyone. That is why we get refinancing and credit card offers all the time. There is an OPT OUT selection for promotions. I think if you read through all the fine print on the offers there is a number to opt out.

Here is some info from FTA, consumer affairs on what they call prescreened offers!

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0148-prescreened-credit-and-insurance-offers