Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Walmart Plus and grocery delivery charges

I live less than 5 mins from Walmart.

I did sign up for + when they had the special...then figured out, if I am tipping for every order to be delivered...I am not saving anything at all!

$35 min is nothing and easy to hit to get free curbside or free on any item needing to be shipped.

Since I live so close, I still just do Curbside ...but if an item is shipping...it comes Fed ex....and is free anyways and no tips are collected.

I don't know how to 'stream' so Para+ is of no value.

I'll def be cancelling when my year is up.

It just doesn't make savings for me since I live SO close and am able to do curbside so easily.

I only order things that are shelf stable...I am fussy about my produce...so I only get it at Wegmans.  May pay more, but the quality is excellent.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:
  • How were your, if you bought any of these

• blueberries reg or organic 
  • bananas reg or organic 
  • individual russet potatoes (for baking)
  • strawberries reg or organic
  • red bell peppers reg or organic
  • Haas avocados 
  • Hummus from either of the two brands they carry, Fresh Craving or Marketside
  • Store brand of milk, gallon size Great Value 

@Mindy D,

My walmart brings wonderful produce. They are the best of the stores I shop with. I think it depends on the store.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@PickyPicky3.  You're right, there does seem to be an order minimum on groceries.  I don't think they charged me one on a recent smaller delivery order, however, I placed it along with a $60. shipped order.

@Kachina624 

I'm wondering if this $35 minimum is part of the recent promo to sign up for Walmart plus. I have been a member since it started and I am never charged a delivery fee even on a small order. They usually have a tip on the order that you can edit to increase or decrease. I usually give extra tip money at the door.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

I also signed up during the recent special.

Like everyone said, there is a $ 35.00 minimum to have fresh items delivered which even as a single person is nothing.

Free delivery on everything else "shipped" in by UPS, Fed-Ex etc. - no minimum. 

I too was sceptical about my produce etc. but so far I have been very pleased (knock knock!). I got one smallish English cucumber whereas if I were picking it myself, I would have looked for a bigger one. No big deal though. Everything else has been fresh & nice.

Everything has arrived cold if chilled & frozen solid if frozen.

Same prices as the store though I do miss the clearance section LOL!

There is a tip automatically added but you can cancel or adjust it. Tips are not distributed until 24 hours after your delivery so if you are not pleased you can delete the tip or add to it if you are so inclined.

I only live about 4 miles from my local store but it's 8 miles & however long I don't feel like doing after working all day. I figure my time & gas are worth a 3 - 4 dollar tip.

So far, I'm very pleased. I am happy I signed up.

Honored Contributor

I joined Walmart+ during the subscription promo a few weeks ago. I haven done a full order of groceries with human delivery but I did order a single package of coffee beans that I had overlooked on a prior order and they shipped for free. 

Honored Contributor

I have never liked Walmart (as a company) but changing to a fixed income requires one to shop where it costs less.

I joined the Walmart Plus plan for seniors. It costs half of the regular Plus plan. It has a minimum $35 order without fees. They also ship for free without an order minimum.

Having Walmart Plus also includes the option for a free subscription to Peacock streaming. 

I get center store products and name-brand dairy from Walmart. I avoid most of their meat and produce. I've learned what produce is good quality and what is not (most of it).  

Walmart prices run $2-$3 less per item than my favorite grocery store. The savings quickly adds up.

I still buy produce from my favorite store but they've has gone nuts with price increases and are no longer competitive.  Their "plus" plan  has a $24.95 minimum order requirement.

I love grocery delivery. I started it during covid.

I found another store that is great and prices are comparable to Walmart but their meat and produce are the best in the metro area. They don't deliver so I don't order much in the winter.