Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Amazon returns

The best advice is to follow Amazon's instructions for YOUR returns.  I have not had to box my items and always take them to the UPS store.  I have NOT paid a fee for the UPS store to do this.  There is no mention of a fee in the instructions.  Your instructions may be different.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

You do not have to pack anything.  Take the items to your local UPS Store.  They do all the packing.  It's up to them if they pack everything in one package.  Make sure you get a receipt.

UPS does packing for a fee, but the instructions I have from Amazon indicate that you are to package the return and present UPS with the package and the QR code on your phone. This is a cut-and-paste from their instructions:

• Ensure that there are no other tracking labels attached to your package. If you are shipping any non-hazardous items, completely remove or cover any hazardous materials markings.
  • Boxes should be packed and sealed before dropping off at The UPS Store location or packaging charges may apply.
  • Take the package to The UPS Store. Store hours are subject to change due to COVID-19 precautions, please confirm opening hours before proceeding.To find your closest location, visit The UPS Store locator.
  • Show the Return code on your mobile. The UPS Store associate will scan the return code and print the label.

The benefits are that you don't have to print off a label, you get a receipt when they accept the item, and I believe your refund is processed more quickly. That goes for a straightforward return, of course. I've never returned items from more than one order.

This site, the QVC forum, is not a good place to get information like this, especially when Amazon will give you the instructions that you should rely on. 

@noodleann 

This must vary according to what the item is, because Amazon returns that I've made recently were exactly as described by other posters - no packaging, just take the item to UPS. They package, no charge whatsoever.  You must first go to the Amazon website and follow instructions to initiate a return.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@patbz  Doesn't  matter how many returns you have.  UPS Store does everything.

Yes, they do everything for a FEE.

They charge for everything they have to package, I am always asked to I want to pay now for the packaging or have it deducted from my return.

Kohls does not charge for packaging.

@Abrowneyegirl 

It used to be that way, but for the past 6 months or so there has been no fee. 

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@noodleann 

This must vary according to what the item is, because Amazon returns that I've made recently were exactly as described by other posters - no packaging, just take the item to UPS. They package, no charge whatsoever.  You must first go to the Amazon website and follow instructions to initiate a return.

I don't think anyone else has posted the actual instructions provided to them by Amazon. I did. It would be helpful if people posted those, because when someone is advised that they can do something without a fee and the company, Amazon, says a fee may be charged, the person could rely on the advice here and find themselves with a smaller refund as a result.

You don't get a QR code, which I referenced, unless you go through the Amazon return process. That's how I got the code and the instructions I posted.

I don't like having people do things for me I can do myself, especially if my refund hinges on  them including all the parts and pieces. The UPS store I use is nice, but chaotic. I'd never leave anything but a sealed box in their hands.

Esteemed Contributor

OK, I thought this was puzzling, so I went to Amazon and looked at the section on returns. The very first thing it says is that return instructions will vary "depending on the seller, item, or reason for return."  So that's why we've had different experiences. I'm really happy that all of my return instructions have been to take it to the nearby UPS store and hand it over unboxed, with no fee involved. Sorry that some of you haven't had that experience.

Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@noodleann 

I don't think anyone else has posted the actual instructions provided to them by Amazon. I did. It would be helpful if people posted those, because when someone is advised that they can do something without a fee and the company, Amazon, says a fee may be charged, the person could rely on the advice here and find themselves with a smaller refund as a result.

You don't get a QR code, which I referenced, unless you go through the Amazon return process. That's how I got the code and the instructions I posted.

I don't like having people do things for me I can do myself, especially if my refund hinges on  them including all the parts and pieces. The UPS store I use is nice, but chaotic. I'd never leave anything but a sealed box in their hands.

@noodleann 

If you look at my post, I said that you must first go to the amazon website and follow the instructions.  The instructions you printed were for your return.  My instructions have been different. So we agree that OP needs to get instructions from amazon and not this board.

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@patbz  Doesn't  matter how many returns you have.  UPS Store does everything.

Yes, they do everything for a FEE.

They charge for everything they have to package, I am always asked to I want to pay now for the packaging or have it deducted from my return.

Kohls does not charge for packaging.

@Abrowneyegirl 

It used to be that way, but for the past 6 months or so there has been no fee. 

2 weeks ago there was a fee.   But as it has been said here on the board it may vary by the item.  Although the same item was fee package and shipping at Kohls.  

Honored Contributor

I NEVER let my UPS facility pack my Amazon packages to go back. I did that once and I was unable to track it. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I had to return some expensive pet supplements that were on auto delivery that arrived after my dog's death,

I printed out a return form on Amazon's website and dropped the supplements and form off at Kohls.  I was in and out of their store in a minute.  Didn't cost me a thing and my refund from Amazon was almost immediate too.

Honored Contributor

Some towns have Amazon Hub Lockers.  You can drop off returns there too as well as get packages. 

I am assuming you need to box up if returning through Amazon's lockers.

FWIW, the few items I have returned to the USP Store were never boxed up as I threw away the boxes.  I was NEVER charged a fee. 

==========================

I just now noticed that the items in my wish list state on the bottom that I have up till the end of January 2021 to return.  Never noticed that before.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif