Honored Contributor

Re: Question About Gender Reveal Party

@Imadickens wrote:

Why not? If the mama wants to make a big deal out of it, you might as well help! It would be fun to find a gift that has both pink and blue interchangeable parts! ( I got a picture frame once that the "mat" came with a pink and blue one). I wouldn't go overboard, you'll need a baby present, Christening or bris (if it's a boy, that is!) gift, then first birthday....

@Imadickens

Or maybe someone needs to help mama keep things in perspective?   What is wrong with people?

Assuming the parents-to-be bothered to get married, there has already been bridal showers, wedding gifts, baby showers ... and now a "gender reveal party".   It's NOT all about her, all of the time.   Women have had babies every day since the beginning of time,  and this is just another lousey gift grab.   JMO

Respected Contributor

Nobody is required to bring a gift for any occasion.  I can't believe how bent out of shape people get at having a get together to announce something so happy and joyous. 

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

Nobody is required to bring a gift for any occasion.  I can't believe how bent out of shape people get at having a get together to announce something so happy and joyous. 

i totally agree with you @bri20.

if i am invited somewhere, no matter what the occasion, i have several choices.

i can decline the invitation.

i can accept and go to the party.

i can accept and go to the party with a gift.

i dont sulk or get mad and say "they just invited me to get another gift." that is the LAST thing on my mind when i get an invitation. i have NEVER used the term "gift grab" and never will. i never feel pressured to give a gift and i never feel pressured NOT to give a gift.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

@bri20

Having a baby is "happy and joyous" ..... the gender, not so much.  

We all already know there's a 50/50 chance it will either be a boy ... or a girl.   No need to have a party over it.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45, I totally agree 

Esteemed Contributor

Aside from very close family members, does anyone else care if the baby is a boy or a girl?????

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

@bri20

We all already know there's a 50/50 chance it will either be a boy ... or a girl.   No need to have a party over it.

You're entitled to express your thoughts on the situation 

You are entitled to not go to a gender reveal if you ever  get invited to one. 

You are not entitled to make a judgment about whether people should have a party or not for any occasion.   You don't have to go.  You don't have to buy a gift.  You don't have to celebrate in any way whatsoever.   

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Aside from very close family members, does anyone else care if the baby is a boy or a girl?????

@colliegirls

NO, they really don't.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

And that's who the "party" is for, very close family and friends to share in the happiness.

Geeze, what is so terrible about that?

It's like people should be ashamed that they are bringing a new life in to the world, the way some people carp about it.

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

@bri20

You're entitled to express your thoughts on the situation 

You are entitled to not go to a gender reveal if you ever  get invited to one. 

You are not entitled to make a judgment about whether people should have a party or not for any occasion.   You don't have to go.  You don't have to buy a gift.  You don't have to celebrate in any way whatsoever.   

@bri20

Of course I can have an opinion on something so ridiculous.   If you have a different opinion, fine.    Clearly these were thought up by people who just have WAY too much time on their hands.  JMO