Honored Contributor

Re: Question About Gender Reveal Party

You all have never heard of a gender reveal party? Its been the norm where I live for quite a while now. Of course I'd bring a gift, its a party! I love this new tradition. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

@Venezia

ROFL!!!

I was thinking the exact same thing!!  I've never heard of such a thing either!

Next it will be a party for "First Poop on the Potty"  Smiley Surprised

Unreal!

Respected Contributor

When I went to one of these parties it was also the baby shower along with the gender reveal - it was not two different parties.   Personally, I would have preffered to know the gender before shopping for the baby shower gift but to each their own - this was how she wanted to share the gender and she had one of those "reveal" cakes.  Big hoopla (oohs and ahhs) over the 5 seconds it took to reveal the cake color.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Valued Contributor

Image result for animated gender reveal cake cutting

Apparently the local bakeries came up with this idea about Gender Reveal cakes--another brilliant business move to make money.

Why can't the parents-to-be, and close relatives just attend.   For me, after attending last year's bridal shower, subsequent wedding, and the upcoming baby shower--I am broke!  

Honored Contributor

I sincerely doubt that those things are gift giving occasions.  I'm not really sure what the point is.  I've heard of them but I don't think that trend has made it here.....yet.  I think it's part of the "I am the center of the universe" mentalility that is so prevelant now.  As if what gender their baby is matters one little bit to anyone outside of their immediate family.  I think once you get past the grandparents and maybe the older siblings, no one else cares if it's a boy or girl.  It's a baby, that's enough to celebrate.

Respected Contributor

Why not? If the mama wants to make a big deal out of it, you might as well help! It would be fun to find a gift that has both pink and blue interchangeable parts! ( I got a picture frame once that the "mat" came with a pink and blue one). I wouldn't go overboard, you'll need a baby present, Christening or bris (if it's a boy, that is!) gift, then first birthday....

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't forget about the "sip and see" parties after the baby is born!  Honestly it is getting a bit much!  Reveal, Shower, and Sip and See -  We have been invited to all three for one baby before!  People here do take gifts, and really outside of the family, I think it's a bit much! 

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@september- SO NICE to see your post. Our grand baby is doing extremely well too. I am so grateful for all the prayers received!

Hope those wonderful twins continue to THRIVE!!!!

@violann   So happy to hear all is well with your grandchild, too!

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

You all have never heard of a gender reveal party? Its been the norm where I live for quite a while now. Of course I'd bring a gift, its a party! I love this new tradition. Woman Happy

Exactly!  It doesn't have to be a big gift.  I love parties and always pick up a little thing to be my contribution.