Trusted Contributor

Re: Question About Gender Reveal Party

@xstitch I know right? I just got an invitation to a "sprinkle" and I had no idea what it was..........supposedly now they have "sprinkles" for a second baby and now Gender Id Parties. Just another aspect of "entitltment and want...: and an excuse to get more free gifts in my humble opinion which I know is a wee bit cynical LOL. I politely said "Im sorry I dont do second, third, fourth marriages, I also do not do second, 3rd, 4th babies either so please kindly dont invite me. Then agaIn I am disabled and gravely ill and cant afford such luxuries. I also have no wants either now.

Contributor

Stormygirl123     That's the first I heard of a "sprinkle".  As time goes by who knows what they will be coming up with.  Have a good night.   

Trusted Contributor

@xstitch Yea the shower is for first child and now they have a "sprinkle" for the second baby and so on........supposedly less gifts but nonetheless a gift is expected. Some of these new Moms would never let their kids wear hand-me-downs today. I think I grew up in and was thrilled with someone elses hand-me-downs.........sigh what happened? I wonder how long some will be able to afford this lifestyle. I just choose not to participate or enable it I guess. My DIL just had a "sprinkle" AND a Gender ID Party......I would not attend and think she is alittle haughty and has the "princess Syndrome" I call it......that is another story for a different day though LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I have only been invited to one gender reveal party.  That just doesn't interest me at all. If I did go I would bring a small token gift. Something small because I hate to go empty handed. As for sprinkles I don't mind them. They are usually a much smaller group and not a huge affair. Just to give the new baby some fresh items and even more helpful if the new baby is a different gender than the first.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I've never been to a gender reveal party, but I would say the usual etiquette rules would apply.  You're invited to a dinner or party.  Bring a small hostess type gift. Since there is a baby to be in the future, it could be baby related, or you could bring flowers or something for the parents. 

Esteemed Contributor

What do you folks do when you're invited to a retirement party, aniversary , Christening, going-away or a housewarming party? Do you accuse the honorees of being gift-grabbers?

Honored Contributor

We used to have reveal parties at work.  The mother to be would usually bake a pink or blue cake and frost it or order one from the bakery.

When the cake was cut and shared, everyone knew the gender.  No gift was expected and the mom to be provided the refreshments.

Contributor

Stormygirl123     It's funny how things change.  I married into an Italian family.  No baby showers.  Things are so different today.

Regular Contributor

My nephew and his wife had a gener reveal gathering for very close friends and both sides of family. Everyone there was very excited and we all had lots of laughter and such a fun time. Once the cake was cut and pink layers revealed, we all clapped and the yay, yay shout. Everyone was hugging one another. Such a fun and excited group. Everyone there were blessed and felt honored to share in this moment.

They had fun little games and good prizes were given. I think everyone won something.
There was so much more going on, but won't go on about that. The men and women of all ages truly had a fun day. A day to celebrate new life.
Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

We used to have reveal parties at work.  The mother to be would usually bake a pink or blue cake and frost it or order one from the bakery.

When the cake was cut and shared, everyone knew the gender.  No gift was expected and the mom to be provided the refreshments.

At the reveal parties now, the parents-to-be are finding out the gender at the same time as everyone else.  (Except, of course, for the person they entrusted with the "secret envelope") Smiley Happy