Honored Contributor

Question About Cranberry Cinnamon Goat's Milk Cheese Log from COSTCO

[ Edited ]

Is it supposed to have a slightly "sour" taste?  Having eaten cheese logs similar to this from Trader Joe's, which have a "sweeter" taste, I found the sour experience surprising.

Thanks to the wonderful folks on this forum, I was informed of the cheese log and the cranberry round bread (which was "I-will-give-all-my-day's-calories-to-that-bread" delicious!).

The taste of the cheese log disappointed me.  Is my palate supposed to notch up in sophistication for it?  

Respected Contributor

Re: Question About Cranberry Cinnamon Goat's Milk Cheese Log from COSTCO

[ Edited ]

I have this cheese log. Goat milk cheese does have a slightly sour tang. It was balanced nicely by the cranberry and cinnemon. If yours tastes more sour than of the other flavors, it might be bad.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, Ms tryion2.  That is what worries me.  

As an almost daily eater of feta cheese (I'm of Greek descent), I know my goat's milk cheese.

I'm still uncertain about this log... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76  I am not a cheese eater, but, it sounds like something could be wrong. I would contact them ,and let them know that it doesn't taste right to you.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, cherry.

I googled a question by naming the product and asking if it can have a sour taste.  The response sorta/kinda suggests that the taste might be what they call acidic, but it is not good.

Certainly not like the similar Trader Joe's product.

Honored Contributor

If you eat goat cheese regularly, you know what it should taste like. I think you got a bad one