Honored Contributor

Quest, Blood Testing Provider, Security Breach

Nearly 12 million people may have had their personal, financial and medical information breached in a hack on Quest Diagnostics, one of the biggest blood testing providers in the US.

The firm told security regulators that it last week learned of a data breach on its web payment system between August 1, 2018, and March 30, 2019. 

Credit card numbers, bank account information, medical information, and Social Security numbers may have been exposed, the company said in a filing on Monday. 

The firm said it did not yet have sufficiently 'detailed or complete' information from AMCA, a billing collections vendor, to report to regulators. 

This is a developing story. More to follow.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7099381/Data-breach-blood-testing-provider-exposes-12-mil...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Quest, Blood Testing Provider, Security Breach

Yikes!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Hackers target everyone. Crazy!

Honored Contributor

My insurance company insists I use Quest but it goes thru my doctors offices so, they only have my name and no financial info

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I had my personal information stolen from a Dr's office and the identity thieves filed income taxes in my name.

We were able to thwart it before IRS processed that return, due to us filing early, but what a hassle to straighten out!

I had to send IRS a boat load of proof that I am who I am and now I'm sent a PIN # from IRS to file our taxes every year.

Close call!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

thanks for the info. It is so frustrating that they can't seem to detect these breaches in a timely manner.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Security breaches are becoming too commonplace  I check my credit score more frequently than I use to just as a precaution..

Honored Contributor

'Leave it to' The Daily Mail UK to give us this news.

(Said in a non-sarcastic way)

Thanks for the alert, O/P

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

My insurance has an exclusive contract with Quest, I either use them or pay for my own lab tests.I wonder if Quest plans to notify us and offer us some help?

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

'Leave it to' The Daily Mail UK to give us this news.

(Said in a non-sarcastic way)

Thanks for the alert, O/P

@ROMARY  I find it weird how all our news is their news.