Honored Contributor

Queen to Make Markle Patron of the National Theatre

Numerous report online are stating that the Queen is about to award Meghan Markle her first patronage, as patron of the National Theatre.  The reports are stating that the appointment illustrates the Queen's growing confidence in Meghan as her representative, and will draw upon her experience as an actress prior to marrying Harry.

I first read this online at Yahoo News, but a lot of other news outlets are reporting it.  Google to find.

Honored Contributor

Re: Queen to Make Markle Patron of the National Theatre

It sounds like a good idea,

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

It does make a lot of sense.  Of course, we don't know if it's true until a announcement is made.

Trusted Contributor

I am totally tired of hearing about Meghan.  As for that, the entire bunch; all of them.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a wonderful role for Meghan!...She must be thrilled!..What exactly would she be doing as "Patron of the National Theatre"?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Sounds like a wonderful role for Meghan!...She must be thrilled!..What exactly would she be doing as "Patron of the National Theatre"?

I believe that means she makes yearly donations and makes appearances.     

Honored Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

I am totally tired of hearing about Meghan.  As for that, the entire bunch; all of them.

@aggravated.  I’m tired of all the soap opera threads. So guess what I do? I don’t open them. Novel idea huh?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@MyShadowLove  All the several articles I read about this states she will be involved in National Theatre's relationship with America.   From Harper's Bazaar:

"Meghan's duties as a royal patron will include "strengthening connections between the theatre and American benefactors," The Mail reports. The former actress has an advantage here, as she grew up in the U.S. The role may also involve working with The American Associates of the National Theatre, a New York-based charity that helps raise funds for the theater's productions."

For any poster who is sick of reading threads about Meghan Markle, I suggest you don't then open and read threads about her.  I know, novel idea right?  My first post so far has 21 hearts, so clearly some people are still interested in reading threads about her.  No need to stop the threads; just stop reading them!

Respected Contributor

I suppose they had to do something with her.  

Honored Contributor

Huh... Something to do with the British TV industry, maybe, but theater... I don't think she ever had anything to do with the theater... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...