Honored Contributor

Re: Queen seeking legal advice regarding Harry and Meghan

@Mersha wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

I don't believe this story and it's starting another anti H&M thread/

@JaneMarple   Well I heard H&M were planning a lawsuit first so the Queen needs to plan her own.

She told me over tea last week.

How people react to Meghan is on them, not Meghan.  

I'm not in their lives; and gossip is cheap.

@Cakers3   Why, my dear Cakers, I had no earthly idea that you had such a close relationship with Her Majesty.

That is just delightful!  You can keep us updated on all of the Royal news so we will  have everything "right from the horse's mouth" and not be confused over untruths written in the rags.

Such a wonderful thing for the Q boards!!

@Mersha   Yes and so am I.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

Nobody held a gun to M&Hs heads and made them talk.  They brought all this upon themselves.  Nobody here is to blame or blame for talking about it.  If they hadn't put it out we wouldn't be having this conversation.  They put it out for PR and pub and buzz.  They get it. 

So the rightous among us who would never speak negatively can comtemplate that idea. 

If someone had slandered me as they have the Royals, you bet your bottom dollar I'd get a good set of legal eagles and put a stop to it any way I could.  They are hurting more than the family with their antics and lies that have been proven so far:  THey don't even know enough not to contridict themselves.  

And what does Andrew have to do with M&H?  He's worse than us?  What sense does that make?  

@Sooner  Andrew has nothing to do with this of course. He is always brought up when negative comments are made about H&M in an effort to try to mitigate their bad behavior. Its a deflection technique. The people who bring him up on H&M threads never start separate threads about him because those posters aren't really  interested on him at all. 

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@hyacinth003  Elvis is alive

@tobes   So is Jim Morrison.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Does anyone really believe that the Queen talks with reporters? I'm not sure she shares her views with anyone but her immediate family and her personal assistant/dresser; and then she is probably careful with the words she uses. She has been burned before by people who worked for her.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@tobes wrote:

@Cakers3   That is so true.  I "heard" Elvis and Jim were seen walking in Memphis in the pouring rain, both in blue suede shoes.

No doubt in my mind.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Has it been reliably proven that it’s all slander and lies? Key word is reliable. I don’t follow any of this very closely.

I’m also not so sure I’d characterize the British royal family as relatively stable.
Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@tobes wrote:

@hyacinth003 Is there perhaps a memoir by Harry said to be published next year?  Could this be the impetus for the Queen seeking a way to make sure the book is not published or to infer the book is not the true story of the royal family.

@tobes 

Harry has committed to 2 books with his publisher, Penguin Random House.

One is to be published next year and the other one to only be published "after the Queen passes away". 

Whatsa matter Harry, scared to publish it while the Queen is still alive???

@KingstonsMom  It's stuff like this that Harry does that makes me nuts. She is the Queen, yes, and deserves respect. She is also his grandmother and is at an advanced age. How on this green earth can he hang this book over her head until she passes??? IMO, it's evil.

I tried, I REALLY tried to understand Harry and his great loss of his mom at a tender age. But sad to say, I am getting fed up with him. He wanted to live a private life. LOL. That's a good one. He and M have been anything BUT private. And they will reap monetary rewards for these books. Disgusting behavior IMO.

Respected Contributor

I keep seeing ads for Chopped Junior and Meghan is a judge.  Seems strange. 

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@tobes wrote:

@Cakers3   That is so true.  I "heard" Elvis and Jim were seen walking in Memphis in the pouring rain, both in blue suede shoes.

No doubt in my mind.

@Mersha 

No doubt they were looking for the bar where Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix were playing.......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Does anyone really believe that the Queen talks with reporters? I'm not sure she shares her views with anyone but her immediate family and her personal assistant/dresser; and then she is probably careful with the words she uses. She has been burned before by people who worked for her.

@World Traveler  Of course not but she does make her statements public through her PR people.