Trusted Contributor

Re: Queen seeking legal advice regarding Harry and Meghan

I really like Harry and Meg. So happy they are living a lovely life in Montecito. They both glow with happiness and contentment.

It's like finding yourself, finally, after a mesy divorce. Only in this case, they shut down the hate machine operating as the British press. The press H&M were expected to negotiate and work with while they made up stories and called her "almost straight outta Compton" among other vile things. Then the royals serve the press drinks and pastry at Christmas and an occasional whiff of a story, so they'll kind of be nice to them. What a load.

Now they get to do life on THEIR terms, which is how it should be.

I'm thrilled for them.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Hail to the Queen?  No thanks.

I'm not one of her genuflecting subjects. 

Thankfully. 

Me either!

@gertrudecloset& @Johnnyeager 

Hail no!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JamandBread wrote:

I really like Harry and Meg. So happy they are living a lovely life in Montecito. They both glow with happiness and contentment.

It's like finding yourself, finally, after a mesy divorce. Only in this case, they shut down the hate machine operating as the British press. The press H&M were expected to negotiate and work with while they made up stories and called her "almost straight outta Compton" among other vile things. Then the royals serve the press drinks and pastry at Christmas and an occasional whiff of a story, so they'll kind of be nice to them. What a load.

I'm thrilled for them.

@JamandBread  I'm sorry it doesn't trouble you how they have treated Harry's 95 yr old grandmother, causing her more grief as Philip lay dying and then shortly after he passed. Or how Harry has dissed Charles' parenting skills in public after he so graciously walked Meghan down the aisle and then offered Doria his arm after the wedding as she stood alone on the church steps. 

I don't begrudge H&M their happiness but do think they both suck in terms of their character. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

I'm thrilled for them.

@JamandBread  I'm sorry it doesn't trouble you how they have treated Harry's 95 yr old grandmother, causing her more grief as Philip lay dying and then shortly after he passed. Or how Harry has dissed Charles' parenting skills in public after he so graciously walked Meghan down the aisle and then offered Doria his arm after the wedding as she stood alone on the church steps. 

I don't begrudge H&M their happiness but do think they both suck in terms of their character. 

Oh so dramatic.  LOl

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri369 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

I'm thrilled for them.

Oh so dramatic.  LOl

@Bri369 

LOL is right ... have you ever noticed how some people claim the queen is so strong and smart and blah blah blah, but when it comes to M&H hating, suddenly the queen is a simpering old lady who hasn't got a brain in her head and is being victimized by these people who just want to live their lives and raise their family. 

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

I'm thrilled for them.

But we don't know any of that is true. We don't know how the queen felt or feels. We know that Harry had some opinions on how he was raised, but that doesn't mean Charles was distressed by it and if he was, we don't know if the 2 talked about it and have moved on. It's all conjecture and spin coming from the British press who are mad they've lost a meal ticket. 

I see a family on both sides of the pond, carrying on with their jobs in the midst of a global pandemic. I don't see all the sturm and drang others see.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

I'm thrilled for them.

Oh so dramatic.  LOl

@Bri369 

LOL is right ... have you ever noticed how some people claim the queen is so strong and smart and blah blah blah, but when it comes to M&H hating, suffenly the queen is a simpering old lady who hasn't got a brain in her head and is being victimized by these people who just want to live their lives and raise their family.

@Tinkrbl44  If H&M "just want to live their lives and raise their family" why the Oprah interview and Podcast to complain about Harry's family? Why Harry's  3 book deal with Penguin? Why the update to Finding Freedom? (And if you believe H&M didn't consult with the authors to update that book, I have the Brooklyn Bridge to sell you).  Now it's my turn to LOL!  😂

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

Don't be so hasty, the story along with photos are widely available on many news sites.

The jet was loaned to Harry "by a millionaire friend' (name available online) just for Harry to return to Montecito from the polo match in Aspen.

Google can be your friend if you bother to use it before forming opinions.

@KingstonsMom 

I wasn't being hasty.  Your provided a link to an article.  I read that article and took it at face value.  I did take the liberty of speculating about what the circumstances might be, as several people have.   I formed an opinion based on the article, but using google to do extensive research wasn't warranted.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   brava!!!

Esteemed Contributor

there is a wise saying

"Tend to your own house"