Honored Contributor

Re: Queen seeking legal advice regarding Harry and Meghan

I have said before that I buy a lot of the trash magazines (People is one of them).

I've often found a lot of it is made up, but you'd be surprised there's often a thread of truth running through the stories.

I do think Harry and his wife need to try with all their might to find the privacy they are constantly supposed to be seeking. 😉

With the way things are these days....

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

I don't believe this story and it's starting another anti H&M thread/

@JaneMarple   Well I heard H&M were planning a lawsuit first so the Queen needs to plan her own.

She told me over tea last week.

How people react to Meghan is on them, not Meghan.  

I'm not in their lives; and gossip is cheap.

@Cakers3   Why, my dear Cakers, I had no earthly idea that you had such a close relationship with Her Majesty.

That is just delightful!  You can keep us updated on all of the Royal news so we will  have everything "right from the horse's mouth" and not be confused over untruths written in the rags.

Such a wonderful thing for the Q boards!!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Just within my own small family, I know of 2 marriages in which the sons chose brides of whom the families did not approve.

I don't wonder what is wrong with the women---   I do wonder why their sons made choices they well might have expected would meet with family disapproval.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think Meghan and Harry can tarnish the crown any more than Andrew, Charles and Camilla and various ancestors have.  British tabloids should stop covering them and live and let live. 

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Just within my own small family, I know of 2 marriages in which the sons chose brides of whom the families did not approve.

I don't wonder what is wrong with the women---   I do wonder why their sons made choices they well might have expected would meet with family disapproval.

@millieshops   The short answer to your question is most likely "love."

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RoughDraft wrote:

If I were her, I'd be more concerned about Andrew's "problems."

@RoughDraft 

Oh, she is....just not in the way one would expect given the circumstances:

Prince Andrew will be allowed to stay on as colonel of the Grenadier Guards even though he most likely won't return to public duties after sexual assault accusations emerged against him. 

The Queen has reportedly announced she will let her son the Duke of York, 61, stay on in his honorary role despite the allegations he denies. 

But military chiefs fear that him not being able to perform public duties will embarrass the forces. 

Queen wants Prince Andrew to remain colonel of the Grenadier Guards | Daily Mail Online

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I don't happen to think the queen is the end all and be all. IMO she may be trying to deflect attention from that nasty Andrew.

Harry and Meghan live in a free country and can say what they like. I get tired of people blaming Meghan for everything.

I happen to like them. So sue me LOL!

Valued Contributor

The Sun also thinks Elvis is alive on Mars with pod people running his yeti farm.

It’s a rag.
Honored Contributor

Rubbish.  Do you really think the Queen dishes the dirt with a tabloid?   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 I agree. I know a LOT more about hyacinth's family problems than I do about H & M.