Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@goldensrbest  How else can you see it? The Queen has plenty of concern, her ailing husband, Andrew, and she's 92 needing her family to take on some of her duties. Instead of helping her, Harry and Meghan bailed aka deserted her and created one more issue that she needed to address.

Selfish, disrespectful, unkind.

They're all talk about their concern for those less fortunate and wanting to help but Harry wouldn't even stay on to help his own grandmother.

The queen has plenty of help , i don't think  of it that way as you said ,let Charles do more, he is future king,  i think the  world,and British people will survive.

Charles is 71 years old... Many have retired by that age. He and his wife still undertake a lot of duties... At some point it isn't reasonable to assume he can 'do more' or that he should have to... No doubt the world will survive and the royal family will 'make do', but that doesn't negate the selfish, one-sided behaviors...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor
After Meghan and Harry left, I'm only interested in reading about and seeing pictures of William's kids.
Honored Contributor

Re: Queen's toughness

[ Edited ]

I was never particularly interested in Harry and his bride... but will continue to loosely follow the queen, William, Kate, and to some extent, Sophie. Agree though, it will potentially be interesting to see William and Kate's children as they develop.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if Meghan is still pursuing the path of becoming an British citizen.

I also wonder if Harry will have as difficult a time being "regular Harry" as Meghan had being "HRH Meghan".  It will be interesting to see how it all turns out.  I'm glad the door is still open if their departure turns out to be something other than they had hoped for.

Honored Contributor
@stevieb You sure have posted a lot about a couple you aren't particularly interested in.😉
Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if Harry has always felt like an outsider, given the rumors about who his father is. Like the Duke of Windsor, who gave up the throne, Harry may not have been interested in being a royal from the beginning. He is very much like his mother, caring about those who have not gotten a fair deal in life. I think he would like to spend his time devoted to certain charities. Meghan has been devoted to good deeds too so I think their values mesh. The question is who and how will their lives be supported?

Honored Contributor
@Vivian Florimond. Too bad Harry doesn't care more about his own ggrandmother. 😠
Honored Contributor

@stevieb  is  interested in fashion and these ladies are all  considered  fashionable. There is precious little enough for us to chat about around here, and her input is as valid as anyone elses

We share an opinion about  how much we think one of them isn't very well dressed, expensively yes, but  that doesn't mean we think it looks good....if you are keeping count ,I believe this is my first post on this thread

Honored Contributor

Re: Queen's toughness

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
@steviebYou sure have posted a lot about a couple you aren't particularly interested in.😉

@Pearlee  I'm interested in the royal family... Despite their seeming departure, that would still include them... I'd also note the situation and its repercussions has proven interesting to me...  Hoping that's all right with you... 

Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@stevieb  is  interested in fashion and these ladies are all  considered  fashionable. There is precious little enough for us to chat about around here, and her input is as valid as anyone elses

We share an opinion about  how much we think one of them isn't very well dressed, expensively yes, but  that doesn't mean we think it looks good....if you are keeping count ,I believe this is my first post on this thread

Thank you @cherry...