Honored Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Harry and Meghan are deserters and if he and his wife give interviews, write books exposing insider information, they will be traitors as well.

I wouldn't say deserters.  This is a family squabble which doesn't affect the government of Britain.  These people are merely figureheads who do good deeds for the country and represent themselves with the people of England paying for it.

@newname0   @occasionalrain

The royals are, basically, public relations people.   Well dressed  and over-regimented PR people.   A few of the women look like Stepford wives.   If the royals disappeared tomorrow, tourists would still visit England.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I will bet you she will write a tell all someday.

Hopefully not and it could be that the Queen or KIng Charles will not let the book get published.

Kitty Kelley started one long time ago on Prince Philip a juicy one I was dying for it.    I'm still waiting. LOL   I figure the Queen put the kibosh on it.

Behind the scenes stuff we'll never know about. Queen is sitting on all kinds of good stuff that she won't let the historians see. Whether or not Charles when he becomes King will open the vaults, who knows.

@SharkE 

She wrote The Royals, which was pretty interesting ...  but the queen couldn't prevent KK from writing a book if the lawyers thought the research was thorough.

Yeah, read that long time ago, was looking forward to Prince Philip maybe they're gonna wait till they're both gone. The book on Frank Sinatra , Frank didn't like Kitty trashed his mother and Frank went nutty.  She keeps you entertained.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@newname0 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Harry and Meghan are deserters and if he and his wife give interviews, write books exposing insider information, they will be traitors as well.

I wouldn't say deserters.  This is a family squabble which doesn't affect the government of Britain.  These people are merely figureheads who do good deeds for the country and represent themselves with the people of England paying for it.

@newname0   @occasionalrain

The royals are, basically, public relations people.   Well dressed  and over-regimented PR people.   A few of the women look like Stepford wives.   If the royals disappeared tomorrow, tourists would still visit England.

ITA @Tinkrbl44 There are plenty of citizens there who can support charities and promote the country to fill the void if they decided to stop supporting the royal family.  Just think of all the good they could do with the tax money that's used to support the royal family.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Queen's toughness

[ Edited ]

I don't think the royal family is going anywhere anytime soon... Wickipedia suggests the average cost to taxpayers to support the monarchy is less than a pound... There exist 12 royal houses in Europe, many of them linked by marriage, and while there will always be calls to abolish them, for the foreseeable future, it wouldn't seem like it's going to happen. Spain has, I believe, twice abolished their monarchy only to reestablish it both times.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Queen's toughness

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I don't think the royal family is going anywhere anytime soon... Wickipedia suggest the average cost to taxpayers to support the monarchy is less than a pound... There exist 12 royal houses in Europe, many of them linked by marriage, and while there will always be calls to abolish them, for the foreseeable future, it wouldn't seem like it's going to happen. Spain has, I believe, twice abolished their monarchy only to reestablish it both times.

I don't see it happening either, at least not during my lifetime.  However, I've read that the costs are higher.  Just looking over the security costs seems like it would be higher than a pound per taxpayer.  It's been estimated that security costs alone are about $130 million each year.

Honored Contributor

Probably she follows the law when dealing with Harry.  Who knows maybe he has other titles she gives him we don't know about.  As far as Andrew ,she isn't the one to deal with it.  The lawyers do that.  I am sure she wouldn't put her 2 cents in even if he was convicted.  Until Andrew is charged with something she is best to stay out of it.  However, God knows what she says to him in private. Maybe she smacks him with that handbag, or has privately taken funds or something away.  We just don't know

i think she gave Harry what he wanted, and what the Brits would demand she do.  They pay for much of the Royal service.