Honored Contributor

Re: Queen's toughness

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

I will bet you she will write a tell all someday.

Possibly after the divorce, custody battle and, most of all, the financial settlement.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I've never seen so many people salivating, and eager, and hoping for a marriage to fail.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't find her to be tough at all.  If anything, I'm of the impression that she's weak when it comes to her family.

Honored Contributor

Some of you are just so mean, i want harry to be happy, i do not feel he abandoned the queen , i just don't see it that way.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Harry and Meghan gave up a quite small percentage of their former income in exchange for being able to go where they want with no responsibilities to their country.

I have to snort over their "independence "....when Daddy is the one forking over their money.  And it's a LOT of money.

By the time William is king both Elizabeth and Charles will be gone, and have left Harry even more $. 

Money will never be an issue for them.  Lucky!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I've never seen so many people salivating, and eager, and hoping for a marriage to fail.

That might be a bit of an assumption. There's a difference between hoping it will fail and expecting that it will. Speaking for myself, I don't have a strong wish for it's longevity one way or the other, but I don't think it'll stand the test of time.

Honored Contributor

tax rate might be cheaper in canada, also.

Here in America, more you make, more they take. LOL

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Some of you are just so mean, i want harry to be happy, i do not feel he abandoned the queen , i just don't see it that way.

With all due respect, having a different opinion doesn't necessarily mean that anyone is, well, mean... It simply means they don't agree with your assessment.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest  How else can you see it? The Queen has plenty of concern, her ailing husband, Andrew, and she's 92 needing her family to take on some of her duties. Instead of helping her, Harry and Meghan bailed aka deserted her and created one more issue that she needed to address.

Selfish, disrespectful, unkind.

They're all talk about their concern for those less fortunate and wanting to help but Harry wouldn't even stay on to help his own grandmother.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

The Royal family represents the UK. They receive and host foreign dignitaries. Prime Ministers come and go, while the Monarchy. remains.

Prince Harry had a duty to represent the Queen and he abandoned that duty, abandoned the Queen while continuing to accept payment from Prince Charles. He showed himself to be without honor, a deserter plain and simple.

@occasionalrain  Actually just your opinion. There are no such thing as deserters in the Monarchy. Actually they stand for nothing but Pomp and Circumstance. 

@proudlyfromNJ The British people love and respect the Monarchy. It is the American people that see it as all pomp and circumstance. Harry was born into that life, and I do not believe he will be able to walk away. He has no idea what normal is, so when he finds out he will have a hard time adjusting.