Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Inspiring and reassuring, sorely needed right now. I love when she talked about staying home and isolating, how she said we know deep down it is the right thing to do. All people should know that.

@Greeneyedlady21 

An excellent example of an Experienced Leader, Calm, Informed, Selfless, Modeling Appropriate Behavior.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Looked like she had lost wgt and seemed to be weaker in speech. Had a lisp.  Speech message was fine.

Esteemed Contributor

She is the epitome of grace and class. 

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich. As always, Her Majesty was eloquent, calm, and caring.  She spoke to her people in a reassuring manner.  She thanked those still working during this time for their help and resolve.

Quite lovely!!!

I'm sure you're quite proud of your Queen, as you should be.  She is the epitome of a world leader. 

Respected Contributor

@grandma r   Thank you for your kind words.  

Yes I know lots of people think us Brits are crackers supporting our RF but our Queen and her parents before her were somehow great comforts to my parents, during the War, and now their daughter to us.  Kind of gives us some hope which we all need. 

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich. I have always been fascinated by your royal family.  No one does pomp and pagentry like the Brits.  Her Majesty has always taken her place seriously and with grace.  As a child, she spoke with our displaced and scared children.  Her address today was filled with intelligence and caring hopefulness.  Her Majesty is such a role model for all of the other world leaders.

I found her address today to be very reassuring to all.  Her resolve is to be admired.  

No patting herself on the back, no lies, no grandiose self acclaim;  very refreshing.  I so admire her for putting herself there for her people.

Honored Contributor

Re: Queen’s Speech

[ Edited ]

Saw it on CNN, there is a tape on CNN.  What a lady

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Inspiring and reassuring, sorely needed right now. I love when she talked about staying home and isolating, how she said we know deep down it is the right thing to do. All people should know that.

@Greeneyedlady21 

An excellent example of an Experienced Leader, Calm, Informed, Selfless, Modeling Appropriate Behavior.  

shoekitty said, this isi what a leader does in times like these.  No matter what, you gather yourself together, forget your own life and speak comfort and some reassurances.