Contributor

Re: Queen may not attend Prince Harry's wedding

Let the Queen stay home.  Harry and Meaghan will do just fine.  If they were smart they would have a private wedding where they can enjoy it their way and not have to worry about who is in attendance.

To much two facedness in the world today.  If two people want to marry, let them marry and the rest of the world stay out of the picture.

Respected Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@gmkb wrote:

I don't have an opinion to express on Ms. Markle or the wedding.  

But on the topic of being permitted to attend or not, I thought I'd throw this in the mix.

When my cousin was marrying a man of a different religion than her family, everyone in the family was told that they were not to attend the wedding.  No one went, including her parents.  She converted to his religion.

@gmkb

Was this a Mormon couple?  Their marriage is church only, then there is a celebration for everyone.

No, she was Catholic and he was Presbyterian.

So the Catholics boycotted another Christian Faith marriage?  Wow that's rough...I could see if it was really 2 very different faiths ....that's awful.  How sad.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Good grief, are we going to continue with this royal and wedding stuff until next May?  I bet the British are no more atwitter than we Americans.  I'm not at all impressed by this Meghan person.

@Kachina624- this "Meghan person?" Whatever does that mean?

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I feel sorry for Kate she will give birth in April and have to be back to 100 pds by May.  I figure Meghan will be preggers by the end of June. Her and Harry getting a late start, as it is.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I feel sorry for Kate she will give birth in April and have to be back to 100 pds by May.  I figure Meghan will be preggers by the end of June. Her and Harry getting a late start, as it is.

@SharkE

Kate seems to be more relaxed about it.  Remember she came out of the hospital with George to say hello to everyone and took a lot of flack because she was still rounded.  It didn't seem to bother her about the comments made.  I say, good for her.

Trusted Contributor

Meghans biological clock could be running out.  Depending on one's health and genes; she's 36...

A year and 1/2 really is not long enough to know someone. I hope they make it. Sure he's a royal and constantly in the news but like he said, the public just thinks they know us.  

Valued Contributor

Who cares ...

The whole monarchy is a joke, a drain to the British taxpayers, and non-essential.  Parliament does the governing ... bless the Queen but at 90+ when Charles takes over, the farce continues.

Honored Contributor

Harry's wild about kids you can tell. Hope she has at least one before she hits 40.

I know, I know,  people have kids at 50-60 , but, risk is there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A nice, private wedding would be nice.  But I'm only guessing that many of the people in their country and much of the world would like to see their wedding.  Wishing them well.  Heart  ............. P.S.  If the Queen attended her son's (second) wedding, then I'm thinking that it would be nice to attend her grandson's wedding.  Well, we'll have to wait and see......

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@bittersweet wrote:

Who cares ...

The whole monarchy is a joke, a drain to the British taxpayers, and non-essential.  Parliament does the governing ... bless the Queen but at 90+ when Charles takes over, the farce continues.

@mercyMe

Just want to say that you are not alone in that opinion.  There are many who feel that way. 

They've never NOT had a monarchy, so there are no accurate tourist dollar revenue figures for comparison.  Yes, I know people will insist they "can tell" ....  but they can't.   If it were ever accurately proven that the royals don't really contribute all that much to tourism, and it's actually the buildings that draw, what ever would the Brits do?