Honored Contributor

The Queen is in ‘virtual’ self-isolation with a skeleton staff of just eight. 

This drastic action was taken last week when the Government made clear the extent of the crisis, with about 100 staff told to go home to protect both the head of state and themselves. 

Not even close family members can see her, it is understood. 

Even the Duke of York, who lives a stone’s throw away on the Windsor estate, and Prince Edward and his wife, Sophie, who live in nearby Bagshot, haven’t seen her for days. 

Indeed, Edward and his daughter, Lady Louise, were riding in Windsor Great Park at the weekend but did not set foot in the Queen’s apartments. 

‘Obviously, the fewer people are in contact with each other, the better,’ said the insider. 

‘No chances can be taken with the Queen’s safety in view of her and the Duke’s ages. But it’s also for the benefit of everyone who works at the Castle. Every firm has been told to send as many of their staff home as possible, and the Royal Family is no different. 

The Queen is being looked after by her closest servants, while a couple of grooms and stable lads are looking after the horses. Like everywhere else, normal life is being put on hold.’ 

The Queen and Philip, who was helicoptered to Windsor from Sandringham last Thursday, are being looked after by her two favourite staff: Page of the Backstairs Paul Whybrew and her personal adviser, Angela Kelly. 

Known as ‘Big Paul’ because years ago he towered over his former colleague ‘Little Paul’ Burrell, Mr Whybrew is so close to the Queen that he sometimes sits with her watching television.

The 61-year-old was responsible for bundling intruder Michael ******an out of the Queen’s bedroom when he broke into Buckingham Palace and sat on her bed in 1982. 

He also starred in the 2012 spoof film for the London Olympics, with the Queen and Daniel Craig. 

A former royal servant says: ‘The Queen adores Paul. He is the perfect calming presence to have around in such circumstances.’ 

Formidable Liverpool crane driver’s daughter Angela Kelly is known in Palace circles as ‘AK47’, and is so close to the monarch that the Queen once told her ‘we could be sisters’. 

‘The Queen couldn’t do without Paul and Angela, and they are with her all the time,’ says one source.

Honored Contributor

Re: Queen is enjoying a rest

I wonder if the Queen has somebody assigned to search for and buy toilet paper?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

The Queen has had a rough year with Andrew and the Sussex pair, and now a pandemic.  I'm sure she welcomes the rest from public life and family drama.  The Cambridges are doing a wonderful job representing the Crown.  Has there been any news on Prince Charles and Camilla?  They are also elderly with health problems.

Honored Contributor

Who knew that someday i would have something in common with "The Queen"?  My husband and I are also "self- isolating" in our  'castle'. 

Esteemed Contributor

How hard can isolation be with staff? 🤣🤣🤣🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻👍🙏

Honored Contributor

@hildarumpole wrote:

The Queen has had a rough year with Andrew and the Sussex pair, and now a pandemic.  I'm sure she welcomes the rest from public life and family drama.  The Cambridges are doing a wonderful job representing the Crown.  Has there been any news on Prince Charles and Camilla?  They are also elderly with health problems.

I've read where the heir and wife are also in isolation.

Hopefully, this horror will be on way out in the 2 wks they talk about all the time. Summer is coming and that should help.

Esteemed Contributor

@hildarumpole  Charles and Camilla went to their home in Scotland.

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

How hard can isolation be with staff? 🤣🤣🤣🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻👍🙏

@godi 

I doubt many of them can do much of anything for themselves ....  or know where things are.  I read a story about Charles a while back that he has someone fold his toilet paper for him!   Now, really, how can you take someone seriously that does that?   

Esteemed Contributor

She certainly deserves a rest.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 the Queen doesn't need it.