Respected Contributor

Re: Queen Mum has made her move....

I do feel bad for the Queen, she's had more on her plate than she's had in a long time and at 95, nobody deserves that.  I don't know what's going to happen with her son but hopefully justice will be served.  

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@LuvSoCal wrote:

Please don't jump on me for asking, but had any of you been in Ms. Guifrre's position at that age, would you have continued your relationship with Epstein and Maxwell?  I don't understand how her parents allowed her to live the lifestyle that came with that.  Were they estranged?  I am not familiar with all the  facts of this case.  I have only seen the one picture of her with Andrew, and she looked very comfortable with him.  I, also, just recently read that a friend of hers said that Guifrre told her she got to "be with" him.  Do you think it's possible that he thought she was of legal age?  In the picture it looked like she could have been 18.

@LuvSoCal - I've read a little about this. I don't remember anything about her dad. I think Epstein paid for her to go to a private high school in NYC for 4 years and for a apartment there for her and her mom. Someone else here will probably know more of the details.

@beach-mom : I don't know a lot either but if someone were paying for my daughter's private school and an apartment for us, red flags would be going off....why didn't she say something or has she?

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Sushismom wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@Cakers3 Apparently you don't watch much national news.  That what the Queen is affectionately called.........I did leave out the "THE".  The Queen Mum

I didn't create it............your problem now

Regardless of how many national newscasters call her "Queen Mum", she isn't. Thank goodness I've never heard her referred as this and never, ever heard anyone called "King Dad". 

@Sushismom   RIght.  She is not Queen Mum.  I have never heard anyone call her that and if somebody did, they were wrong.

@fthunt   "Apparently"  you just do not know what you are talking about.

Not my problem.  Back to you.

Real nice. 🙄

Respected Contributor

Must have been a sad moment for her.

The Royal Family has been hit so hard the last few years, just one thing after another including her husband's death.   She endures, carries on in spite of unthinkable events.  The lady has seen a lot in her life, that's for sure!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@Cakers3 Apparently you don't watch much national news.  That what the Queen is affectionately called.........I did leave out the "THE".  The Queen Mum

I didn't create it............your problem now

I have never heard Queen Elizabeth referred to as Queen Mum. I have only heard that term used to refer to her mother.  Ever.

Esteemed Contributor

I have also never, ever heard Queen Elizabeth II referred to as "Queen Mum."

In my experience that term has been exclusively used in reference to her mother, as many others have duly noted.

Honored Contributor

Yes to those who stated the Queen Mum is Queen Elizabeth's Mother. Just look in any British newspaper. The headlines in a British paper when she passed away wereThe Queen Mum has passed.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@LuvSoCal wrote:

Please don't jump on me for asking, but had any of you been in Ms. Guifrre's position at that age, would you have continued your relationship with Epstein and Maxwell?  I don't understand how her parents allowed her to live the lifestyle that came with that.  Were they estranged?  I am not familiar with all the  facts of this case.  I have only seen the one picture of her with Andrew, and she looked very comfortable with him.  I, also, just recently read that a friend of hers said that Guifrre told her she got to "be with" him.  Do you think it's possible that he thought she was of legal age?  In the picture it looked like she could have been 18.

@LuvSoCal - I've read a little about this. I don't remember anything about her dad. I think Epstein paid for her to go to a private high school in NYC for 4 years and for a apartment there for her and her mom. Someone else here will probably know more of the details.

@beach-mom : I don't know a lot either but if someone were paying for my daughter's private school and an apartment for us, red flags would be going off....why didn't she say something or has she?

There are any number of bad parents in this world who profit off of  their child.  

Honored Contributor

I do not believe Virginia's mother was totally involved with her.  If I remember correctly Virginia was sexually abused as a child by a family member or family friend.

She spent time in several foster homes and lived on the streets.  She eventually went home to be with her father, after living with another pedophile who also abused her.

I could not find anything that says Epstein paid for her school and apartment for her and her mother.

I could be wrong.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I havent read this whole thread but wasnt she the one waving goodbye to randy Andy at the door of some house, I think it was in New York. That girl didnt look too traumatized.

And I wonder, why didnt the prosecutor use her as a witness against Maxwell in her trial? Maybe she was a willing partner?