Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Misses Church Service this Morning

@chrystaltree wrote:

She's well into her 90's and there could be more to it than that.  Of course, they never say that.  The crowds are out of hand because the Palace has used her church visits to garner positive publicity for the Royal family.  They've become photo ops, it's possible that she's just tired of being on display every Sunday morning and needed a break.

Posting when one doesn't have any facts to back up their speculation is very unwise. Clearly, the storm is major and a good reason not to attend services as it is unsafe. 

Honored Contributor

Does not seem like headline news to me. So she missed Church.  Maybe she just wanted to sleep in!

Honored Contributor

After lately watching Escape To The Country episodes (DABL TV), just the other day, I mentioned how lucky the UK area is, not having to worry about tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc., etc.

And I was saying that's why most of the houses (stone, brick, etc.) are in excellent condition, after many, many years.... some built in the 1700's.

And, now, 'low and behold', a very strong storm.........

Wishing everyone safety and well.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden @Would be a nice thought but I don’t think the queen allows herself to just take a time out.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Does not seem like headline news to me. So she missed Church.  Maybe she just wanted to sleep in!

@SeaMaiden  maybe not worthy of a headline for you, but actually people worry when the Queen varies her routine, especially when she had had a bout with a cold not too long ago. so the London papers did do this update today to forestall concern.

also people might wonder why i didn't post her outfit in Fashion as i do every week when pictures are available.

!!

Honored Contributor

I enjoy your pictures don't let the snarkers get U down. I don't !

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden  maybe not worthy of a headline for you, but actually people worry when the Queen varies her routine, especially when she had had a bout with a cold not too long ago. so the London papers did do this update today to forestall concern.

also people might wonder why i didn't post her outfit in Fashion as i do every week when pictures are available.

!!

@ms traditional     She OLD.  It is going to happen soon... expected. It is life. But to worry because she misses church assuming the worst? Might as well put her in the casket now. 

Honored Contributor

Can you imagine having the news report on whether you went to church each week?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I got a husband for that LOL

Honored Contributor

I heard she also went back for thirds at the brunch buffet. Woman Very Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr