Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Makes Kate Middleton Patron Of Wimbledon

@Pearlee wrote:

@Alsee wrote:

I seriously doubt the Queen calls her Duchess Do Little. What rag printed that?

I have read that several times too.  Can't remember in which "rags."

I don't recall the derogatory "Duchess Do Little" but in Great Britain there is a lot of criticism directed at her by the public and the press because she do much.  Royals take huge amounts of money out from the State and they are expected to do the jobs.  And Kate a "no show" royal.  No doubt the Wimbledon thing is one of several high profie tbings she will be required to do to fix the problem.    

Honored Contributor

The girl had severe sickness with her babies.  She may have been called Duchess Do Little, but she brought forth "their" future.  Now maybe she can get back to a little "outside" activities.  She takes being a mother just as, or more importantly than being a popular royal. 

Let the others handle stuff until you are ready.  That's what they are there for.

I hope she makes her mark ... when she is ready.  New generation, new rules.  The Queen is learning to live with it and so should everyone else. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I agree with Preds. Unlike the Queen, Kate is raising her own children and that is timeconsuming.  Yes, she has a nanny and help, but she and William want to be very hands-on parents which takes time and their presence in the home with the children.  William also has a job for which I commend him.   There are more senior royals (Charles for instance) to do royal work.  I'm totally not critical of William and Kate taking time to raise a family.  Good for them.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hmmmm, I'd guess this comes more under the heading of 'duty' than 'honor'. It's expected, I guess, that someone 'royal' do the job so why not assign it to the newbie, who does appear to be a bit of a lightweight compared to some of the more senior royals...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Hmmmm, I'd guess this comes more under the heading of 'duty' than 'honor'. It's expected, I guess, that someone 'royal' do the job so why not assign it to the newbie, who does appear to be a bit of a lightweight compared to some of the more senior royals...

Woman Wink

The other more senior royals don't have two children under the age of three to take care of!

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

The queen bestowed this new duty on Kate, who will start next year.  She will give out the trophies to the winners!  It's a tough job, but someone has to do it! Smiley Happy

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/05/08/kate-middeton-patron-of-wimbledon/21373313/?intcmp=hplnws

Supposedly the Queen calls her Duchess Do Little, now she has an official chore, lol.

lol.... don't believe everything you read.  Every time I read something about the Queen they invariably call her "the dying Queen"..... lol, I realize she's old but they (the US press) has been calling her this for the last 20 years..... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

Tha't probably only slightly better than Keeper of the Royal Toilet Tissue....lol  

The argument could be made that they are all glorified ribbon cutters.  

What I'm wondering is whatever happened to Charles' sister, Princess Anne?   I'm sure she's still getting a nice, fat allowance.   

Respected Contributor

Kate gave birth to two children close together and she did suffer with a major illness at the beginning of both pregnancies.  I think William is very protective of her, I'm sure what happened to his mother haunts him and I think they work together to try to balance their royal duties with that of being parents.   I would hate to live my life in a gold fish bowl with everyone looking at me and judging me.  Yes, they live a very privileged life.  The Queen took her duties very seriously from the very beginning, after all it was her uncle who gave up the throne and her father became King which eventually made her the Queen.  Her perspective of things has to be way different from Williams.  Kudos to them for trying to live somewhat a "normal life". 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Tha't probably only slightly better than Keeper of the Royal Toilet Tissue....lol  

The argument could be made that they are all glorified ribbon cutters.  

What I'm wondering is whatever happened to Charles' sister, Princess Anne?   I'm sure she's still getting a nice, fat allowance.   

Wow

Princess Anne is off doing something just about everyday

she doesn't get the press the others do.

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

lol.... don't believe everything you read.  Every time I read something about the Queen they invariably call her "the dying Queen"..... lol, I realize she's old but they (the US press) has been calling her this for the last 20 years..... Woman LOL

This I actually do believe, no biggie......