Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Gives Meghan M. New Role On International Women's Day

I think Meghan is coming into her own...she will have plenty to do once the baby is here...I can’t see her not doing some of the baby are herself...although she can certainly turn over everything to a nanny if she wishes
Esteemed Contributor

I think both Kate and Meghan have been really good choices so far. I think the Queen herself learned from Diana  

of what to do and what not to do with the younger women coming into the family.  Charlotte really is going to benefit from all this. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

Well thank goodness. Now she has something to do.

Ain't that the truth! @Jacie  So funny, but so true.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Yes, the Royal family respects, appreciates and loves Meghan.  She has an amazing work ethic and she understands that be a "Royal" is a job and she does that job brilliantly.  And Harry is settled and truly happy for the first time since he lost his mother.  

Respected Contributor

Yes, the Queen made an excellent choice for this leadership role for the Duchess. Meghan was already familar with championing women's causes before she even met Harry. She will do an awesome job I'm sure. The Queen does a great job of putting people in roles where they can do the most good. So much for those that said the Queen did not approve of Harry's choice of a wife.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

I read that Prince Charles is the President of that organization and the Queen is a patron. Think it is nice that Meghan is getting a lot of support from the Queen.

Meghan joins her husband Harry, who is president of the trust and the Queen, who is it's patron.

"Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, was named Vice President of The Queen's Commonwealth Trust. Husband Prince Harry is the President and the Queen is it's patron."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

She has fancy job titles and job descriptions, but who knows what those jobs actually entail. I mean besides shaking hands and giving a speech.

Who knows what any of them really think of each other. lol

Imo, it seems strange that she gave up her acting career to marry someone knowing that she'd have to take on "jobs" that are given to her. I thought she was for equal rights and all that.

I don't know why they keep saying she has a good work ethic-- a lot of people do.

@Daisy Sunflower   Well, Meghan already doesn't seem to be satisfied with just shaking hands and giving a speech. She already took the initiative (it was her idea) to compile a cookbook for  The Hubb Community Kitchen forthem to raise money to benefit the survivors of the Grenfell fire tragedy.  I think the will take the bull by the horns and make the jobs the Queen gives her into something very constructive to help people. The cookbook already illustrates this, and she hasn't even had any of her assignments for even a year yet.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a25251822/meghan-markle-cookbook-hubb-community-kitch...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It seems this is the natural order of things. Those on the 'royal dole' are, over time, expected to take on larger and larger public roles and 'patronages'. As the previous generation of work horses, like Princess Anne, begin to age out of some of these responsibilities, those benefiting most from being royal are expected to take over more of these sorts of jobs. As for all the speculation about Harry's happiness, the queen and royal family's level or adoration, confidence and so on, only time will tell... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...