Honored Contributor

Queen Gives Meghan M. New Role On International Women's Day

From Yahoo news:

"It’s a definite nod of approval, signed and sealed by Queen Elizabeth II herself. On International Women’s Day, Meghan,Duchess of Sussex, was appointed Vice President of The Queen's Commonweath Trust  by none other than Queen Elizabeth. The organization champions young leaders who work to improve their communities and to create social change. The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust also provides vocational opportunities for those around the globe.

Meghan’s prestigious new role as VP will include highlighting the Trust’s connections with young leaders across Britain and its territories — especially the work of those individuals and organizations that celebrate and support girls and women."

Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Gives Meghan M. New Role On International Women's Day

I read that Prince Charles is the President of that organization and the Queen is a patron. Think it is nice that Meghan is getting a lot of support from the Queen.

Esteemed Contributor

How very nice!!!!!  Her Majesty does seem quite find of the Duchess.

By the way, I know  wearing stockings is part of protocol dressing for the royals, however, give the girl a break!  Being this far along in her pregnancy, there is no way pantyhose would be comfortable!!!  And, to avoid any unforseen malfunctions, I say leave her alone.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I read that Prince Charles is the President of that organization and the Queen is a patron. Think it is nice that Meghan is getting a lot of support from the Queen.

I saw a segment about this organization on a documentary within the past year on PBS I think it was, and it's a wonderful organization that teaches skills to young people who master them.  I think it was Charles who was behind setting this up originally and the people participating it loved it.  I remember a long segment about young cooks learning the trade and some being in Buckingham Palace cooking for the Queen herself!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  I saw that too. It was interesting how those cooks were actually working in the palace. Must have been a thrill for them. I think some of them were from other countries.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Pearlee  I saw that too. It was interesting how those cooks were actually working in the palace. Must have been a thrill for them. I think some of them were from other countries.

@World Traveler   Yes, definitely from other countries.  I'm happy you saw that documentary too.

Honored Contributor

Please let's keep this thread on topic and not turn it into a thread that should be in the fashion forum.  Thanks in advance.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Queen, per a number of biographies, is a tough manager and excellent judge of people and their work. Meghan, before she met Harry, was already working hard, not only at her career but on a number of social and charitable initiatives. I’m not surprised that the Queen sees what Meghan is all about. 

Respected Contributor

Well thank goodness. Now she has something to do.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@libbyannE  Yes, the Queen seems to be an excellent judge of character and knows that she has a hard worker in Meghan, as shown by all the things she did prior to marrying Harry, and also after. I am not surprised that they hit it off early on.